Now That I Know The Truth, You're Not Real Chapter 7

Chapter 7

 A/N: Just in case you didn't know, 

IT IS SUMMER 2008

Kitana

*BEEP, BEEP, BEEP* my alarm clock sounded. I groggily looked at it. It read 7am. That fact didn’t hit me, so, I snoozed the damn thing. It rang again 15 minutes later. I didn’t even bother looking at it, I just snoozed it once my tired hands found it.

There was only darkness in my mind now . . . Stupid alarm. But then I thought, why is my alarm going off? It only goings off when-

Bam!

The thought and realization hit me like a bright, blinding light. I popped up out of bed like a daisy, and felt almost searing pain as my now very open eyes got slapped by nothing other than bright, blinding light. I ran over to the bathroom and came out 10 minutes later, fully dressed and prepared for work, and completely in a rush.

When I got to the office building, I ran through the doors like a crazy hobo. My facial expression looked like I’d been attacked, “Oh, My God I’m late,” I choked out between short deprived breaths. The chances that I looked in disarray were very high. I stopped so suddenly that my hair fell into my face, and the Jimmy Choo’s that I had somehow managed to put on my feet while I was driving only helped gravity when I almost tripped on the carpet.

Sapphire looked at me suppressing a laugh and holding out a Dunkin’ Donuts bag and an orange Coolata to me.

*        *        *

“Hey, I’m totally craving BK for lunch. Want to come?” Sapphire asked me from her desk across from mine. I looked up from my work. The sudden mention of food made my stomach growl. I was glad Sapphire couldn’t hear it, though.

“Sure, let me see if Mr. Martin wants anything.” I said getting up.

“Why do you care?” She asked a bit impatient. She had this thing for not really caring who he was, and getting annoyed that I actually wanted to get on our boss’s good side, that is if he actually even had one.

“Because, it’s my job,” I replied in a matter of fact tone.

“Well if you ask me we don’t get paid enough to care.” There was a distinct smart ass tone in her voice. I rolled my eyes and let out a small chuckle; she could be so mean sometimes.

I knocked on the door, nothing. I knocked again, still nothing.

“Looking for me?”

Sapphire and I turned to the door to see, dare I say . . . yes I do; perfection at its best. Warm sandy blonde hair that was cut short and styled beautifully; luscious green eyes that could make emeralds jealous; and a smile that could end world hunger—ok that was a bit over the top, but still he was beyond gorgeous. It was something that I had not really expected, even though I had already seen him at dinner with my father. I just couldn’t get over him.

I didn’t know what it was but whenever I thought of him, as my boss, I always thought of someone much older, maybe around my father’s age, early-mid forties. Not someone so close to my age that it hurt to look at him and not think like a teenage girl.

Sapphire’s jaw dropped as she blatantly starred at the angelic creature that stood before us in the doorway. My mouth hung agape as well, my eyes open further than I ever imagined possible and my finger pointed directly at him.

“Y-you! Y-y-you’re t-that guy f-from the other night,” I blurted. Nice move Kitana, way to show that he’s just another average Joe.