Now That I Know The Truth, You're Not Real Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A/N:

IT IS SUMMER 2008

The sun shone in through the windows as I got up and did my morning ‘duties’.

Huh, I hope he didn’t steal anything! I thought as I left her room and ran down the stairs.

“Good morning, I hope you don’t mind but I made breakfast.” I heard as I rounded the corner into the kitchen. I looked at him awkwardly but took a seat at the table as he made his final touches and served me breakfast.

I looked at it; watched Avory walk over to the other side of the table, and start eating. My face was blank I couldn’t grasp what was going on.

“Don’t worry I didn’t poison it,” he said, reaching across the table to take and eat a piece of my bacon.

I swallowed hard knowing I was hungry and decided, what the hey, and started eating too. After I finished eating he took my plate and washed it with his.

“Thank you,” I said abruptly. He merely looked at me from the sink quizzically.

“For what?”

“Breakfast.”

“Oh, you’re welcome. Thank you, for letting me spend the night.” I suddenly realized that Avory was wearing a tuxedo as he walked towards me and set a small black box on the table. He didn’t stop though, just kept going until he was out the front door.

I just sat there in complete and utter shock. Finally, though, I  took it all in and looked at the box. I opened it to find two 10 carat pear cut diamond stud earrings. My mouth dropped but I quickly recovered and ran to my room to put them away and get ready for my day.

Avory

(The night before)

“Avory this is nonsense.”

“Mother I’m not going. There is nothing that you can say, or do that will make me leave this limo.”

“Avory, do not tempt her,” my father spoke.

“But father, you’ve got to be kidding me. You really just want me to waltz right in there and say ‘Hi, I’m Avory, Prince of Vampires and I need you to be my wife.”

“Nonsense, Avory, have some class, son. Woo her with your charm,” he said winking.

“Father like I said before and will say again, I’m not going.”

“But son, you’ve come so far . . . we’ve come so far.”

“I’m sorry,” my mother said as her eyes turned a deep purple, full of anger and sorrow as she looked from me to the floor, after speaking. “Get the hell out of this vehicle,” she whispered, still looking down.

“What?!” I exclaimed.

She looked up at me and I could see all of the anger and pain in her eyes . . . Shit.

“Get out of this car, now! Go and present her the gift and don’t you dare step foot into our world until your mission is complete!” her voice went from loud to venomous in an instant.

“But mother.”

Her eyes flashed from purple to red. I’ve lost. I’ll just shut up now.

“We will send you money for your necessities in the morning. You know what you must do . . . Goodbye for now, son. We will see you soon.”

I looked one last time at my fathers deep blue eyes. This hurt him so much but he showed it through his face instead of his eyes. I averted my gaze to my mother. Her face stone straight, but her eyes were brimming. She was so different from my father. Two guards appeared outside of the limo and threw me out. The car then sped off.

I’m alone.

I looked down. “This couldn’t get any worse”, I said as I looked at my stupid penguin tux. –clash of thunder, down pour-

“Great” :-I

I walked down her street. Before I got close to her house, I saw a big black jacket on someone’s porch. I looked back at my stupid get up and with the flash of lightning I was gone with the jacket half way down the street. Even still, by the time I got to her house, I was drenched.

“What ever,” I said to myself as I walked up the steps, rang the door bell and knocked on the door.

That’s when I felt her presence. Ugh, it wasn’t happy. She seemed quite annoyed. She answered the door almost yelling. That is until she saw me and shut right up. Just how I like it.

She was completely quiet until her mind started to scream, “Holy shit it’s a man.” I wanted so bad to look at her but my pride wouldn’t let me.

I fed her a load of bull sh*t so she’d let me in, and she answered with funny remarks from her mind.

I was so scared when I felt her ready to say no but she said yes and let me in. She was nice. She even let me take a shower. I scared her though, when I asked her where the clothes she let me use were.

After I felt her essence relax in her room I couldn’t stop questioning why she let me stay and even worse why do I care, she was just an incompetent human. And that’s when I dozed off for a couple of hours.

When I woke up, I made breakfast. Why, I don’t know, I just did. Then I changed and she woke up. We ate rather quietly but I didn’t mind, the less she said the easier it would be for me to not want to hate her for being a stupid human. Once I finished I watched her eat until she finished. I got up, grabbed her dish and washed it. I set her gift on the table and forced myself to walk out without looking back.

I had to get out of there. What was wrong with me? I was acting like a fool.

“Maybe I just need to feed a bit. Just a snack.”

I found myself a pretty white dove, sucked it dry and ate some of its meat. “Ahh, how satisfying.” I licked my fingers. “Untainted blood is the best.”

I sat down on a park bench a little while later when suddenly a small glowing orb appeared in front of me moving steadily until it settled on my lap and transform into money with a note attached.

Avory,

Here is some money to get yourself and apartment and necessities because at the rate your going your going to be there for a while.

P.S. We will send food/blood whenever you need.

Love,

Daddy and Mommy

I looked at the money smiled and within 3 hrs. I had myself an apartment as close to her house as I could get which was still pretty far, and a bank account. Because, it’s not like all they gave me was 300 bucks.

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *

How bad do you wanna punch Avory?

Slightly? Ridiculously? YOU SWOONED?

Let me know Down Below!