Now That I Know The Truth, You're Not Real Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Kitana

Once I asked him, he just looked at me. Oh boy, I’m moving too fast! Why am I moving so fast? I bet he doesn’t even like me! Ugh, he’s probably tired of me! But he’s the one that’s been here waiting for me; for our dates!  Ahh! Why! Why me?!

I felt my cheeks get hot, and I was about to tell him to forget it, when he asked me if I was sure.

Think, be cool. Be suave. “Well yeah, I mean it’s not like you haven’t slept over before.” Ohh-right! The Mac Daddy is returning.

“Well, ok. But first, I have to drop this stuff off. Then I’ll come back to your house,” he said as we were driving back to my house in his beautiful car.

I smiled, “sounds like a plan.” I was relieved to find that he wanted to spend time with me, because for some reason I wanted to spend time with him. If he was a rebound, so be it. But I did need someone; someone new.

Avory was just that; he was new; he was unknown; he was everything that I wasn’t used to. He was a bit rude at times, but I enjoyed the rush he gave me, whether it made me feel awkward or angry. I loved the jostle he always seemed to give me.

When he dropped me off, at home, I felt a little bad for him. He spent a lot of money today; like, a whole lot of money. And, it’s my fault, and now he has to go put it away by himself, I thought as I took out an air mattress from the closet and set it to compress, while I made some ‘instant’ dinner, consisting of Mac N Cheese, mashed potatoes, and some grilled chicken.

By the time I was done the mattress I had been mechanically inflating was full. I capped it and slid the air compressor back into the closet where I had taken it from. I brought some blankets down stairs and set them on the mattress as the doorbell rang. I bit my lip in excitement as I walked to the door and opened for Avory.

“Miss me?” Avory asked as he walked in with a bag full of clothes.

I rolled my eyes, “No actually, while you were gone I got lonely, so I called a beneficial friend over and used my benefits,” I replied with a slight grin, as I closed the door.

He stopped dead in his tracks. Oh shit, not the best thing to say to a guy. Get a damn hold of yourself Kitana! “Just kidding,” I chimed. I took a couple steps back and leaped on his back resting my head on his right shoulder. He made no attempt to grab a hold of my legs as they wrapped themselves tightly around his firm waist. It upset me a little that he didn’t respond to me. But the feeling of being so close to him was good enough for me at the moment. He didn’t even make an attempt to grab my arms as they wrapped themselves around his neck and shoulders.

“What are you doing?” he asked, still not having moved since my comment. I asked myself the same question. I barely knew the guy, and here I was letting him sleep over, and jumping on his back, as if we were the best of friends. But something just felt right. I liked this closeness. I liked being on him. I wanted to inhale deeply because he smelled so invigorating; so tantalizing, so satisfying, but I didn’t because just breathing would get me to the same heaven from his scent. That and I didn’t want to creep him out, but then again I might have just been smelling dinner. Either way, my mouth was salivating and I didn’t want to drool on him.