Now That I Know The Truth, You're Not Real Chapter 14

Thank you commenters and voters! If you look to the right were pictures usually are you will see Jed! The hottie that works at Burger King lol! BUT HE'S NOT A LOW LIFE HUSTLER or anything like that lol, he's COUNTRY!!

Chapter 14

It had been two weeks since Avory had pronounced, to my ex-boyfriend, that he and I were a couple; even though he didn’t know he did at the time. Since then, my life had been pretty predictable; constant hate being sent my way. It was unnerving how affected other people felt they were about my new relationship status.

When I went to work the Monday, after my “wild weekend”, I received a heavily worded speech by Sapphire. She just felt hurt that I was keeping things from her. We never kept anything from each other, and I think she felt that maybe Avory was pulling me away from my life; pulling me away from the people I considered family; pulling me away from her. She was just about everything to me. Sapphire was more than my best friend she was like my sister and her words hurt. Avory was a big change in my life and I was keeping him from her; the Bonnie to myClyde, the Thelma to my Louise.

 After her I got into a ‘big brother’ argument with Devin, which was completely encircled with why I was dating and why I hadn’t told my father yet.

Yes, because my father really wants to know every single detail of my life. He most definitely wants to know that I dumped Ansis; he probably would love to hear that. He, even more so, wants to hear the way I met my new said boyfriend. By letting him into our house out of the kindness of my heart, knowing full well that I could have easily turned him down; knowing full well that I could have pointed him in the direction of the nearest hotel, motel, or inn; knowing full well that I shouldn’t have answered the door at that time of the night in the first place.

Yes because my father really wants to hear that even after he left his daughter to “teach her independence” her life was in complete shambles at the loss of his constant presence. Because he really wants to hear how much of a screw up I really am, and how when he saw me that one faithful evening, it was me; the me I became after the cold pain of his goodbye. Yes, Devin, my father really wants to hear that!  My mind ran rampant as we yelled back and forth. The things I said were nothing like the things I thought, no. My thought’s were so much more self loathing and masochistic than my telling him to mind his business and that what I did was none of his concern.

I was getting verbally assaulted and harassed everywhere I went. It seemed news about the recent event in my life had gotten everywhere. It was more evident now, than it had ever been, how loose peoples’ lips could really get when it came to drama and gossip.

People I had never met nor seen would come up to me and give me ‘piece of mind’ on the ‘situation’. To say it was frustrating was the least, I hated when people felt the need to give me their “two cents” on my life. I literally told someone I’d give them a nickel to shut the fuck up. That day in specific was a bad day. The verbal assaults and harassments just got to me and I practically flipped out on someone.

My only joy, most days, was coming home to find the one person who wasn’t going to argue with me, waiting on my front steps for my return home; even though he was unintentionally the cause of it all. It was a relief on stressful days to come home and find Avory waiting for me.

His smile and touch alone made me feel like everything I would go through during the day was worth it. He was slowly feeling like home. He was still rude, and I would still become annoyed with him. But if I caught it right, I would get a genuine smile from him.

On those days I would shed a few happy tears, after he’d leave, before heading to bed myself, because his smile was so full of satisfaction, so full or compassion and adoration. He never caught it when it happened, I don’t think he realized it happening. But I never missed it, and it warmed my heart. Even when he said dirty jokes to make me blush or tried to cop a feel with out my permission(I never gave him permission, since the day he stole a kiss from me) he would smile genuinely when he would try to laugh it off, and even though sometimes he’d be extremely annoyed with me about it, I could see in his smile and even in his eyes that he was looking at me with pride, respect, and what I believed to be honor; like for some reason he felt honored to be in my presence. I’m not really sure what the last emotion that shone through was though, I’m just guessing it was honor. What the hell else could it be?