Other Opportunities

Chapter 44

The warm heat of the sun was backing the exposed parts of my back, since my shirt was riding up, as I slowly started to wake up. I smiled because I do not remember the last time I was this happy. Although I do miss the intimacy that Johnny and I haven't had since the night of the premier which was almost two weeks ago now.

I turned my head and faced Johnny who was still peacefully asleep next to me. His mouth was slightly open and his chest rose and fell with every breath he took. He looked so gorgeous and peaceful when he was asleep. He's been a little stressed lately at the office and I have no idea why. Like the pas week he was cooped up in there, on his laptop and when we were home he was in his study. We hardly had time together anymore.

I smiled and reached out to run my fingers through his hair softly. I then traced my pointer finger from his forehead all the way over his cheek and down to his jaw. I felt the dust of stubble starting to grow under my finger and then traced it to his chin. He smiled and in that moment I knew he had been awake for the entire time I was admiring him. I poked his nose and he grabbed my hand and brought my finger to his lips to kiss.

"Ow!" I giggled when he softly bit down on my finger. He opened his eyes and grinned at me. Now that smile could melt the entire north pole.

"Let me kiss it better baby." he said with a teasing tone while his voice was still laced with sleep. Let me tell you it was a major turn on. I smiled and moved closer to him and rested my chin on his chest. He smiled at me and ran his fingers through my hair as his other hand rested on my back. I reached up a little and kissed his lips. He rolled us so he was hovering above me and I was all giddy inside with excitement.

"Leave that." Johnny whispered against my lips as my phone buzzed on the bedside table next to us. I nodded and closed my eyes as my hands went to Johnny's hair. My phone stopped buzzing only for his to start. We ignored it and carried on with our little moment until Johnny groaned and pulled away with a annoyed look when the house phone started ringing.

I chuckled at him as he rolled his eyes and made his way from the room down the stairs to go answer the phone. I reached over for my phone to check the time and saw it was a missed call from Jeff. I wonder what the hell he wanted. I read the time and it said it was just after 9 and we had to be at the warehouse at about 10.

I sighed and then got up to go have a quick shower before we go. I stepped under the warm water and my body slowly started to relax. I was pretty wound up, because with Johnny all stressed he was on edge and we would have small little arguments for no reason. We haven't been spending a lot of time together lately and I just missed him.

I understand where he was coming from, I just wish we didn't have to be so distant from each other. He was told that we have to cut all filming and this upset him because he still had so many ideas for the movie. Jeff got the big guys to agree for at least two more weeks of filming and we were on the last four days of those two weeks. I smiled when I felt arms snake around me from behind and warm kisses being placed on my shoulder up to my neck.

"Who was it baby?" I asked as I turned under the water to rinse my hair.