Fair Game

Chapter 24

The music was loud and the people in the bar were all talking making it impossible to hear each other talking without yelling. The smell was absolutely horrible simply because of the fact that I hated smoke.

"Ok I'm going to get something to drink" I said standing up from our table that we all sat around.

"I'll come with you" Dico said standing up.

"Anyone else want anything?" I asked as I rested my hands on the back of Johnny's chair.

"How bout you just get a few pitchers for the table?" Knoxville said tipping his head back to look up at me. I smiled down at him as he looked so funny.

"Anything else?" I made sure before we left.

"Uh no that's all" Knoxville said. I giggled at how funny he looked and he smiled up at me. I flicked his nose and walked away with Dico.

"Are you and Knoxville like dating or something?" Dico asked casually as he leaned against the bar while waiting for the pitchers.

"No why?" I asked Dico with a raised eyebrow.

"Well the way you guys just act around each other and the way he looks at you and you look at him. Just thought you guys had something going on." Dico said shrugging.

"Oh no, we're just friends. Like I am with all these guys. Nothing more nothing less" I said in monotone.

"You sound so disappointed" Dico said frowning. The bartender brought over the pitchers and we thanked him and grabbed them.

"I'm not" I said simply with a shrug.

"So your fair game then?" Dico asked with a smirk.

"I guess you could say that" I chuckled and set the pitchers down on the table.

"Good to know" Dico said with a wink. Everyone was laughing as I took a seat at the table by Dunn and Wee man.

"Well look who decided to join the party" Knoxville said with a smile as Angie and Nicole stopped at our table.

"Yeah we stopped by for a drink." Nicole said kissing Bam "Hey Caleigh, nice to see you again."

"You too" I said getting up to hug her. I turned to Angie and gave her a hug too "I'm glad you guys came. It evens it out a little more."

"Yeah it sure does, what's it now 3 to 40?" Angie said giggling. She kissed Dunn and sat down on his lap. We all had a round of shots and then a few beers. I was getting pretty buzzed but was really enjoying myself. I needed this.

"Come dance with us Caleigh" Nicole said as her and Angie held their hands out for me to grab. I hesitated, really not in the mood to dance but they grabbed a hold of my arms and pulled me to my feet.

"Ok, ok. I'm coming" I chuckled as I downed another shot. I followed them over to an open space in the bar where people were dancing to the music. I didn't know the song that was playing but I had fun none the less.

"So you and Johnny?" Angie asked bumping her hip with mine and wiggling her eyebrows. I rolled my eyes.

"Why the fuck does everyone keep asking me that?" I asked over the music shrugging my hands "We're just friends."

"Oh yeah sure just friends" Nicole added rolling her eyes "Please Caleigh. I know love when I see it. Look" she said turning me and pointing to the table where the guys were sitting. I looked to find Johnny staring at me. I smiled and waved at him and tipped his head to me sipping on his beer.