The Tonight Show

Chapter 42

"So how was it?" Ryan asked with a grin as I stepped into the little kitchen that Monday morning.

"Why hello to you Dunn. Yes I'm well thank you and you?" I asked with a sarcastic smile. He rolled his eyes at me and I chuckled "It was fine, actually it was better than fine. I loved it."

"I told you that there was nothing to worry about." Dunn said nudging me.

"Yeah, yeah I know." I said rolling my eyes this time. "So where is everyone?"

"I actually have no idea." Ryan said with raised eyebrows as we sat and drank some coffee.

"Oh morning guys" I looked up and smiled at Loomis who had just walked into the kitchen.

"Morning Loomis" I smiled and gave a small wave. He returned the wave "So hows your arm holding up?"

"The sling is a pain in my ass, but its a lot better. Doc said I can take it off soon. Well I'll see you guys later then." he smiled and turned on his heel and left. I looked around making sure Ryan and I were alone.

"So.." Ryan started with a smile, sensing that I had something on my mind.

"So" I gave a nervous chuckle. Ryan shook his head with a sigh.

"Spill the beans Cay. Come on I'm all ears." he said reaching over to grab my hand. I winced slightly as he pulled it to him, hurting my ribs in the process.

"Careful dude. I have cracked ribs" I chuckled and his eyes widened.

"Shit sorry Cay. What the hell did you do?" he asked laughing a little.

"I fell off a bike, on dirt, with the bike landing on me." I said scrunching up my face.

"Wow, that must've sucked." Ryan said with a cocked eyebrow. I nodded and he narrowed his eyes at me "I'm still waiting."

"Oh yeah right." I said wringing my hands together nervously in my lap "So while we were in Knoxville. Johnny suggested something."

"And what was that?" Ryan asked eager. I looked up at him to see a frown on his features. I took a deep breath and winced of course. Damn there ribs of mine are seriously annoying the shit out of me.

"Well you know how I left home before the movie and was going to movie here maybe with the ex?" I asked and Ryan nodded a little confused "Well I am kind of homeless right now and then out of the blue Knoxville asked me to move in with him."

"Wow Cay. Tha's awesome news." Ryan beamed at me. I gave a small smile and nod. His face fell and he frowned at me "But what?"

"Nothing. I'm just really nervous, that's all. I mean what if I screw up like I always do and he leaves me? Where do I go then? What do I do then?" I looked up again to see Dunn smiling at me.