Fun Day Out

Chapter 18

"Morning Maddie" I smiled at her as she stepped into the kitchen yawning and rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"Morning Cay" she smiled and put her arms around my waist. I hugged he back and kissed the top of her head.

"Did you sleep well sweety?" I asked as I kept getting everything out of the pantry and fridge that I needed.

"I did thank you.And you?" she asked me as she hopped onto a stool at the counter.

"I slept good thank you" I smiled as I got out a pan from the cupboard.

"Hey Cay, have you seen my dad? I went to his room this morning and his bed was already made, then I went to see if you were in bed but your bed was made too so I came down here. Did he go to work?" she asked with her face dropping a bit when she mentioned him leaving her to go to work.

"We kind of fell asleep on the couch while watching a movie last night" I smiled shyly at her. I didn't want her to think anything. Maybe she didn't even want her dad to be with someone else "He's still asleep and you were still asleep so I decided to make some pancakes."

"Can I help?" she asked excited as she sat up straighter in her chair.

"Sure thing kiddo. Lets go wash up then we can start." I smiled as I held out my hand for her to take. She smiled and took my hand as we made our way over to the bathroom to wash our hands.

"So now you add the eggs. Yes like that and mix it in carefully" I let out a laugh as she mixed it too fast and some of the flour went flying out of the bowl and onto her "Otherwise that happens"

"I think you should maybe do this part" she said giggling stepping aside so that I can get to the bowl.

"There you go" I smiled as the batter was done "Now we heat up the pan and bake some pancakes" I smiled at her.

"Hey Cay, you've got something right there" Madison said pointing down at my shirt. I looked down to find nothing. I frowned and looked up at her only to get a handful of flour in my face.

I gasped and Madison started laughing almost falling of the chair. I giggled and put my hand in the flour "You have something too Maddie. Right here" I said as I wiped the flour across her face. She chuckled and soon a full on flour war started.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" a very amused looking Johnny asked as he stepped into the kitchen crossing his arms over his naked chest.

I stopped with a hand full of flour and put both hands behind my back biting my lip to keep from laughing. Madison looked from me to her dad then back to me with wide eyes. She smiled slightly at me then next thing I knew she threw her dad with some flour.

"Why you little rascal" Johnny said as he dusted the flour off. He made a run for Madison and she darted off to stand behind me.

"Safe me Cay" she giggled as she held on to me and peeked at her dad around my back. He was smiling down at her and then walked up to me.

"May I have a hug Cay. Madison doen't love me and broke my heart" Johnny said faking being sad.

"I'm sorry Johnny. Of course you can have a hug" I said opening up my arms. He winked at me and put his arms around my waist and grabbed Madison pulling her from behind me.

"I got you now" he said as he dragged her out and picked her up.

"No fair Cay! You were supposed to protect me" she pouted at me.

"Aw I'm sorry sweety. But your dad just looked so sad and heartbroken. I thought he really wanted a hug. Now I'm sad and heartbroken for being used" I said with a sad face and a pout.