Kissing Booth

Chapter 6

"Going somewhere?" a very deep and sleep laced voice asked from behind me. I yelped and spun around to find Johnny sitting up rubbing a hand over his face.

"Johnny, you scared me" I whispered as I held on to the door handle.

"Sorry Cay" he chuckled then yawned "Where are you heading?" he asked again and may I add that he had an incredibly sexy sleepy voice and bed hair. Damn he looked eatable.

"Just going out for a walk" I said with a smile.

"Need some company?" he asked with a smile. I nodded "Let me just get dressed" he said and got up walking into the bathroom. I looked over to see Steve-o peacefully sleeping still. I walked out and waited for Johnny in the passage with my hands behind my back on the wall leaning my head back.

"Ready to go?" Johnny asked as he walked out of the room and closed the door softly behind him. I smiled and nodded as he offered me his arm. I linked mine through his and we walked over to the elevator. "So why are you up so early?"

"Well I needed the fresh air to clear my head and I was really craving some coffee" I said as we stepped into the elevator. Johnny pressed the button to the bottom floor and the doors slid closed.

"Coffee sounds so good right now" Johnny smiled as he stepped away from me to back against the elevator wall. My arm fell to my side and I tried not to pout and his absence next to me. The elevator dinged at the doors opened as we stepped out.

"So tell me about this ex of yours. Did you love him?" Johnny asked as he put his Ray-Bans on and then shoved both his hands in his pockets.

"Well what do you want to know?" I asked as I glanced up at him. He shrugged.

"Tell me how you guys met" he said looking ahead of him as he opened the door for me to step out. We walked down the road to look for a coffee shop or diner.

"I think it was like 2 or 3 years ago at a party" I shrugged then taking a deep breathe before continuing my story "At first I hated the guy but he kept trying his luck. Eventually I gave up and said yes to go on a date with him. In the beginning he was so sweet and nice and we got along really well but then after we moved in together about a year after we met, things started to get bad." I closed my eyes briefly as I relived that time for a moment.

"So one day I came home from my shift at the bar I was working at to find Kevin a drunk mess. He was a very aggressive person when he was drunk and I tried to get him to go to bed which he hated as I was telling him what to do. That night he hit me, giving me a black eye and me being the fucking stupid idiot I am forgave him and everything was fine after that." Johnny looked over at me with wide eyes but did not interrupt my story.

"Then it was a few months ago that I got home early from my shift but didn't tell him because I wanted to surprise him only to be surprised when I walked in on him doing my best friend. I kicked him out but he came back telling me how sorry he was and how much he loved me." We got to a coffee shop as were seated right next to the window. Johnny sat across from me and took both my hands in his with a sympathetic look in his eyes.

"The rest you know of him doing it again but I'm over it. Over him. I'm not even sure if I loved him. I think it was more of a friends with benefits relationship than an in love one. Sure I love him but I am and I don't think I ever was in love with him." I finished with a shrug.

"Well he's the dick that fucked up and lost so much" Johnny said as he kissed my hands and then let go of them as a waitress came over with menu's. We thanked her and scanned over the menu's.

"I think I might get something to eat. I'm starving" I said and Johnny laughed as he glanced at me over his menu.

"Yeah me too" our waitress came over and took our orders. I got the cheese and bacon omelet with a coffee and Johnny got the pancakes and bacon with a coffee. Our waitress smiled and told us that our food wont be long.