Glowing For You (Part 1)-Sherlock

A/n: So I saw this picture on Pinterest and thought that it would be a cool idea to do for an imagine. So basically, when you find your soulmate your chest starts glowing and that's how you know who it is. So, I'm gonna try this and see how it turns out.

You walked down the streets of London and squeezed through the crowds of people. You held your phone out trying to respond to one of your friends but it proved difficult when you were pushing past people. You made it to a slightly clear spot and started typing fast. You were just about to finish and send the message when you collided with someone. Your phone dropped to the ground and you stumbled back a bit.

"Oh no!" You said bending down to grab your phone.

Your head hit something though. You straightened up and looked at what you'd hit and realized that you had hit someone's head. The person you had run into had also reached down to pick your phone up. You looked into the man's eyes and couldn't pick one color to describe them. There was a swirl of different colors in his irises and you hadn't even noticed that you were staring. But then again, he was staring at you also, for reasons you didn't know, but he soon regained his composure.

"Uh, I think this is yours." He said holding your phone out to you.

"Yes." You said nodding.

He placed it in your hand and you looked at it. There was a crack running down the middle of it and you sighed frustratedly.

"Well this is just great!" You said sarcastically.

You pressed the send button on the message really quickly and was relieved when it actually read that you had touched there. You slid it back into your pocket and looked up to see that the man was still there.

"Uh, are you alright?" You asked him.

He shook out of his thoughts and smiled a fake smile at you, "Yeah, sorry. I've gotta go." He said running off.

He joined another man a little ways up the sidewalk and they left. The man was strange but he interested you. He seemed to take an interest in you as well but you didn't know why. But if you had just noticed the weird feeling in your chest and the light blue glow that came off of yours and his, you would have had the answer.

~Sherlock's POV~

I sat in my armchair thinking about that girl. I had immediately felt the strange sensation inside my chest and the blue light that shone on my chest. What shocked me was that her chest was glowing the same color but she didn't even notice it. I couldn't believe it though! I was a consulting detective and I didn't think I could have love. But now, since my heart lit up I know I have a soulmate. John came into the room and after he took one look at my face he knew something was wrong.

"What is wrong with you?" He asked.

"I found my soulmate." I mumbled.

"You did?! How do you know?" He asked after his burst of excitement.

"Did you see me with that one girl on the sidewalk?" I asked to which he nodded. "My heart lit up and hers did too. She's my soul mate and I don't even know her." I said throwing my hands up in defeat.

"Well you've got to find her again." John said sitting down.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because she's your soulmate! She's the person that you are going to spend the rest of your life loving and caring for." John told me.

"But like I said, I don't even know who she is. We just bumped into each other on the street!" I exclaimed.

"Still, I want to know what she's like." John said sitting farther back in his chair.

"I don't even know what she's like!" I nearly shouted. "Besides, I don't know her name so how am I supposed to find her?" I asked.

John looked as if he was thinking but he didn't have to find an answer. I heard a knock on the door and in walked Mrs. Hudson.

"Hello, boys! How are you two doing today?" She asked, seeming a bit more cheery than usual.

"We're fine-"

"Sherlock found his soulmate." John blurred out.

Mrs. Hudson gasped and covered her mouth to conceal some of her excitement. "What's her name?" She asked looking at me.

"For goodness sake, I don't know!" I shouted standing up abruptly.

I then had the weird feeling again and looked at my chest. It was glowing again, the same light blue color as before.

"Aunt Martha, do you need..." I heard a female voice start.

The whole room went quiet as we all noticed what was going on. The girl on the street was standing in my doorway asking for someone named Martha. I then realized that Mrs. Hudson was her aunt and now she was standing here, staring at my glowing chest and covering her own with her hand.

"So..." I started. "Would you like some tea?"

A/n: I hope you all enjoyed this. Part 2 will hopefully be coming soon. I apologize for not updating but I've had family in town so..haven't had much time to write!