Housekeeper (Part 3)-Sherlock

You walked out of your flat and hailed a cab. Sherlock had just called you and told you where to meet. He said to dress somewhat nicely so you had thrown on a knee length, short sleeved, black dress. As the cab stopped and you paid the cabbie, he smiled at you.

"Got a date?"  He asked.

"What?!  No..."  You trailed off.

The cabbie laughed, "Yeah right."  He said.

You rolled your eyes and got out of the cab. You looked at the building before you. It seemed pretty fancy. You didn't see Sherlock anywhere so you waited for him. You felt someone stand close to you and you saw the curly haired man out of the corner of you eye.
You faced him and he looked at you.

"Shall we go in?"  He asked.

"Uh, yeah.  I guess so."  You said.

You let him lead the way inside and the waiter led you both to the table. You looked at everything and all the decorations they had. You looked back at the man across the table from you.

"Very fancy."  You commented.

"It is one of my favorite places to go for dinner."  He said.

"But you don't really eat dinner."  You said.

"What do you mean?"  He asked.

You scoffed at him, "I make you dinner everyday and I'm usually the only one eating it. John eats my food sometimes but I always end up with leftovers.  You never seem to eat."  You explained.

"I like to stick to the food that I'm used to."  Sherlock said for his excuse.

You sat back and crossed your arms, "Oh, I see what this is about. You don't think that I am a good cook."  You said.

"I didn't say that."  He responded.

"But you were thinking it."  You said pointing a finger at his face.

He sighed and picked up the menu in front of him. You sighed as well and looked down at your hands. Then you had remembered that Sherlock had called to tell you something over dinner.

"Sherlock, what was that thing you wanted to discuss?"  You asked.

"Hmm?  Oh!  Yes of course. Umm. It's about your housekeeping job."  He began.

You cut in before he could say anything more though, "About that Sherlock..." you began.

Then at the exact same time you both said your sentences.

"I don't want to be your housekeeper anymore" 
And...
"I don't need you as a housekeeper anymore." 

You both looked at each other as if just then noticing what the other had said.

"What do you mean by that?"  You asked.

"John told me about all the things you were going through. Back pains, shaking hands, and so on. I realized it was because of me and the things that I was making you do. I don't need a housekeeper anymore."  He said.

"So, you're firing me?"  You asked.

"Well, not necessarily firing you.  I still want you to be around."  He mumbled the last bit but you caught it.

"You want me around?  Like, at 221B?"  You asked.

Sherlock looked at you innocently and nodded.

"But not as your housekeeper."  You said.

He just shook his head. You were about to say something when you suddenly realized what he meant. It seemed like you could see right through the detective.

"I know what you mean."  You said crossing your arms.

Sherlock looked at you confused. "You do?"  He questioned.

"Mhmm.  You like me."  You said smiling like a child.

"I do not."  He scoffed.

"Oh come on Sherlock!  You are vulnerable right now. I can see right through that silly disguise you try to keep."  You said.

He sighed in defeat, "Alright. I do have...feelings for you. I guess you could say that I like you..." he trailed off.

You looked at him as if expecting more.

"A lot."  He added.

You smiled even brighter. "I guess you could say that I like you a lot too."  You said making him brighten up.

"Really?"  He asked.

You nodded at him. "Wait a second!  Does that mean you set this up like a date?"  You asked.

Sherlock looked at you with innocent little puppy dog eyes. "It was John's idea."  He said.

You laughed, "Oh yeah.  We're definitely going to be seeing a whole lot more of each other from now on."