Only A Fairytale (Part 5)-Sherlock

You were pretty satisfied knowing that Sherlock had accepted the people in Storybrooke were from the book. You decided that you would show him around the town and maybe introduce him and his friend to some people. You took him to Granny's and sat down in a booth.

"This is Granny's. Her and Red run this place." You said.

"Red Riding Hood?" Sherlock asked.

"Mhmm." You said nodding.

John, Sherlock's friend gave you both a confused look. You just shrugged and he sighed. You heard the door open and in walked Emma, Snow, and David. You smiled at them and they came over.

"Hey y/n!" Snow said.

"Who's this?" Emma asked.

"This is Sherlock Holmes and his friend John Watson.  They're here until they're car is fixed." You explained.

You hadn't even noticed that Sherlock had been looking at you as you were talking. Everyone else noticed however.

"Only until the car is fixed?" Snow asked.

"Uh, yeah. What else would they stay for?" You asked still oblivious to Sherlock.

They all just shrugged knowing that you didn't notice.

"So who are all of these people?" Sherlock asked.

"Snow White, Prince Charming, and their daughter Emma Swan." You explained.

Sherlock nodded in understanding but John just became more confused. You looked at him and laughed a bit.

"I think it's time we explain everything to Dr. Watson."  You suggested.

"I agree."  Sherlock said.

You all got out of the booth and walked outside to tell John the truth about Storybrooke.

***

"So what you're saying is that everyone in this town besides us are from fairytale stories?"  John asked trying to wrap his brain around what we had just told him.

"That's correct."  You said.

He sighed and rubbed his forehead, obviously having a hard time believing it.

"We don't usually get visitors to Storybrooke and we never tell them the truth because we are afraid that they might expose us to the world. But most people probably wouldn't believe us. You two are the only visitors we have told the true story to."  You explained.

"How many visitors have come to this small town?"  Sherlock asked.

"There were only three others that have come here.  Two of them found out the truth a different way. They're all dead but you guys should be fine."  You said.

John and Sherlock looked at each other a little nervously and then back at you. You laughed slightly.

"Well, I'm gonna go check on the car, I'll be back."  John said and then left.

Then it was just you and Sherlock. You both started to walk along the sidewalk side-by-side. Sherlock Holmes was different, unlike anyone you had ever met, and for some reason you were attracted to him. He intrigued you but you were absolutely clueless as to why.  

"So are you from London?"  You asked.

"Yes."  Sherlock answered.

"So, America is different for you then.  How are you liking it?"  You asked and looked up at him.

You felt your cheeks heat up as you saw he had been watching you the whole time. You looked away hoping he hadn't noticed your red cheeks.

"It's...different."  He said. "I knew that this town was different from the minute I met you. I couldn't figure anything out about you. I couldn't deduce you."  He said.

"Couldn't what?"  You asked.

"Hmm?  Deduce."  He said. "It's where when I look at someone I can figure just about anything out about him."  He explained.

"Like magic?"  You asked.

"There is no magic in this world."  Sherlock said.

"Not in the whole world. But in this town there is."  You stated.

Sherlock stopped and looked at you a curious expression on his face. You sighed knowing he'd want an explanation.

"After the curse on us was broken Mr. Gold, Rumplestiltskin, released magic to the world but it only covered Storybrooke."  You explained.

"Why only Storybrooke?"  He asked.

You shrugged, "Who knows."  You said.

The two of you continued walking and talked as you brought him to the docks once again.