The Hunting Game (Part 4)-Sherlock

The four of you walked into a smaller, a lot less fancy, restaurant that wasn't too far from your original place.

"So you were both working together for the two years that you were gone?" John asked.

"Yes." You said.

"Why did you help?" He asked you.

"Because my family was murdered by the same exact person that Sherlock was taking down. Coincidence?" You shrugged, "Who knows."

Sherlock sat down on one side of a table and John and his girlfriend, whom you found out was Mary, sat across from him. You sat down next to Sherlock and winced in pain when your back touched the seat.

"My goodness. You're hurt." Mary said.

"I'm fine." You said holding your hand up.

"Was she hurt because of your 'mission'?" John asked Sherlock.

"She wanted to do that particular one that just happened to get her beaten." Sherlock said.

"I did. But it's nothing I can't handle." You said.

You all sat in silence.

"You're probably wondering how I did it." Sherlock said breaking the silence.

"Mm." John said staring down at the table.

"I calculated that there were thirteen possibilities once I'd invited Moriarty onto the roof." Sherlock started. "I wanted to avoid dying if at all possible. The first scenario involved hurling myself into a parked hospital van filled with washing bags. Impossible. The angle was too steep. Secondly, a system of Japanese wrestling..."

John interrupted him before he could continue any further, "You know for a genius you can be remarkably thick."

"What?" Sherlock asked.

"I don't want to know how you faked it, I want to know why." John said.

"Why? Because Moriarty had to be stopped." Sherlock said.

Once he noticed John's expression he knew that he was wrong in that 'why'.

"Oh. 'Why' as in..." He pointed at John and his friend nodded. "I see, yes. 'Why?' That's a little more difficult to explain."

"I've got all night." John said.

"Actually, um, that was mostly Mycroft's idea." Sherlock said.

You scoffed at the mention of Sherlock's brother and rolled your eyes. Since you met him, you knew why Sherlock took such a disliking to him.

"Oh so it's your brother's plan?" John asked.

Mary pointed at Sherlock, "Oh he would have needed a confidant..."

You and Sherlock nodded at her in agreement.

"But he was the only one? The only one who knew?" John asked.

"Couple of others." Sherlock said.

"It was a very elaborate plan, it had to be. One of the next thirteen possibilities." You said for Sherlock.

Who else knew? Who?" John insisted.

"Molly." Sherlock said.

"Molly?"

"John." Mary said.

"Molly Hooper and some of my homeless network. That's all."

"Okay." John said. "So just your brother, Molly Hooper, and a hundred tramps."