Easter Surprise!-John

You woke up and immediately smelled a delicious aroma, swirling throughout the house. You pushed your self up and looked to be empty spot next to you. You smirked and threw your legs over the side of the bed. Stretching as you got up, you walked out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. There stood your boyfriend making breakfast. His back was turned to you so he didn't know you were there. You rested your elbows on the counter and watched as he made the eggs. He turned around and his eyes landed on you. He jumped back a little, startled. You let out a laugh and straightened up.

"Good morning, love." He greeted.

"Good morning." You returned, still smiling.

"I made breakfast." He told you.

"I see that! So, what're we having?" You questioned.

"I made pancakes, eggs, and bacon." He said pointing to each dish.

"Aw, you made my favorite, John!" You said touched by his act of kindness.

"Indeed I did. And I've planned out our entire day today." He said smiling.

"Ooh, I can't wait. Is it going to be better than what I did for you last year?" You asked.

"I hope so."

You grabbed your plate full of food and walked to the table. John entered as well and sat right next to you. The two of you sat in silence for a while, just eating your breakfast, until the doorbell rang. John sighed and got up. He answered the door and I heard some muffled conversation. I could hear one voice that I recognized. The consulting detective, Sherlock Holmes. You finished up your meal and joined John.

"Happy Easter, Sherlock." You said.

"I'm sorry?" He asked.

"Never mind." You said waving it off.

"I can't go Sherlock. I'm spending the day with y/n." John said and shut the door in Sherlock's face before he could argue.

You laughed, "So, what's next on the list?" You asked.

"I have set up an egg hunt." He said.

You crossed your arms, "Isn't that a bit childish?" You asked.

"Not this one. Each egg has a clue that will lead to another one until you find the surprise." John explained.

"I'm liking the sound of this." You smirked.

John handed you a small piece of paper which had the first clue on it. You read it and took off. You found egg after egg until you found the last clue. You read the clue and a confused expression crossed your face. The words on the paper weren't even words.

'em yrram uoy lliw'

That was what it said. You looked in the egg again and saw a little message that said, 'Look at it in the mirror.'

You followed the instructions and read it. You gasped and covered your mouth. You turned to find John but he was already there with a box in his hands and he was down on one knee.

"Oh my goodness!" You mumbled over and over.

"Y/n y/l/n-"

"Yes." You interrupted.

"Okay!" He said and slipped he ring on your finger.

He straightened up and you wrapped your arms around his neck. Your lips connected with his and he lifted you, spinning you around a little. You laughed and he set you down.

"So, does this beat your Easter surprise from last year?" He asked.

"Yeah, this is so much more fun than playing silly pranks on you all day." You said.

He laughed, "I love you, y/n."

"I love you too, John."

A/n: Happy Easter everybody! Hope you're all having a great day!