A Doctor For The Doctor (Part 3)-John

You returned home from work and sat down on the couch, exhausted. Usually John would have come out by now but he hadn't yet. You stood up and walked to his room. The door was open so you could see he wasn't in there.

"John?"  You called throughout the house.

No response. You picked up your phone and saw a new message from John.

"Hey y/n. I probably won't be at the house when you are home. I'm with your brother." 

You smiled. Sherlock and John must be getting along quite well. Although, Sherlock could be hanging out with John just to prove that he can be friends with your best friend. You shook that away. Sherlock would never do that. You started to get excited. Sherlock was looking for a flatmate and John needed a new place to stay. Not that you didn't want him around anymore but he needed to go and find a place. You typed back excitedly.

"That's awesome!  How's the case going?" 

You pressed send and turned your phone off. You walked into the kitchen and grabbed an apple and started to eat it. Your phone started buzzing and you answered the call.

"Hello."  You said.

"Hi y/n."  John responded.

"What are you doing John?"  You heard a deep voice in the background.

"I'm on the phone with y/n."  John said.

You laughed at their little argument that was going on.

"Y/n?  Like my sister y/n?"  He asked.

"Who else do I know around here named y/n?"  John asked.

"No one."  You said through the phone but covered your mouth when you realized you said that out loud.

"Have you been listening?"  John asked.

"It's kind of hard not to.  You guys should get back to your case."  You said.

"Yeah about that. How did you know we were on a case?"  He asked.

"I used to go on cases with him all the time. He always needs someone to tag along with him. He's a bit of a show off."  You said.

"I heard that, y/n."  Your brother said.

"Do you have me on speaker?"  You asked.

"Sorry."  John said.

"Whatever it's fine."  You said.

"She was obviously able to figure out we were on a case because over the years she's picked up a few things from me and-" Sherlock never got to finish his explanation as you interrupted him.

"Oh shut up, Sherlock. It's all because I knew you were already on one. Plus Greg told me."  You said.

"Greg?!"  You heard both of them sat at the same time.

"Never mind. Just go on your silly case. But be home soon."  You told John.

"I am home."  Sherlock said.

"Not you, you idiot!"  You said laughing.

Before Sherlock could protest John cut in.

"Alright. Wait, how about we meet for dinner, at six-thirty?"  John suggested.

"I'd love to."  You said and laughed when you heard Sherlock's confused rambling in the background.  "Good bye guys."  You said.

"Good bye!"  They said in unison.

You laughed and hung up. They were both weirdos. But they were your weirdos. Your very special weirdos that you loved so dearly.