A Secret Admirer (Part 3)-Sherlock

~Sherlock's POV~

In the span of maybe two seconds, there was the gunshot and the window shattering. I looked and saw y/n falling to the ground. I rushed over to her as quickly as possible and held her in my arms. Her eyes were closed as I rocked her back and forth. John came over to look at her.

"This is what I was telling you about, John."  I said. "If my enemies find out about her, who knows what they will do to her just to torture me."  I added throwing my hands in the air.

"Sherlock, calm down!  What we need to focus on right now is helping y/n."  John said.

I took deep breaths as John examined y/n's wound.  John looked up at me before telling me about the bullet hole.

"The bullet isn't in her anymore."  He said.

"What do you mean?"  I asked, my mind not seeming to function properly with y/n lying unconscious.

"Sherlock, she was facing the window, the bullet hit her side and went all the way through."  John said.

"Oh, right."  I said and paced around the room.

I heard sirens approaching from afar off. John must've called the ambulance. John was looking out the window when y/n began to stir. She moaned and her eyes flickered open.
She must have started to feel pain because her breathing became short and I could see tears forming in her eyes. She tried to sit up but groaned in pain and fell back. I walked over to her side and knelt down next to her.

"Sh-Sherlock."  She said.

"Shh.  Don't talk, you're in pain. An ambulance is coming."  I told her.

She nodded at me and then laid her head down on the ground. The ambulance arrived and I lifted y/n off the ground. The paramedics laid her on a stretcher but she wouldn't let go of my hand.

"Sherlock, will you stay with me?"  She asked.

I smiled down at her and nodded. I climbed in the back with her and sat next to her, holding tight to her hand. We arrived at the hospital and the medics wheeled y/n inside. I waited outside her hospital room worried sick. I heard footsteps approaching and moaned when I knew who it was.

"Hello brother mine."  Mycroft said.

I glared at him and then turned away from him. "What do you want, Mycroft?"  I asked.

"I heard about y/n and decided to see how things were going."  Mycroft answered.

"But that's not all, is it?"  I asked.

Mycroft sighed, "I told you it's dangerous to get involved with others. Sentiment is just human error."  He said.

"I know what you've told me, Mycroft. I don't have to listen all the time though."  I snapped.

"Think about it, Sherlock. If this has happened now, what's to keep it from happening again?"  Mycroft asked.

"I will make sure it doesn't."  I said.

"By doing what?  Watching her everyday?  Following her?"  He asked.

"Of course not."  I said.

"Then how?" 

I sighed, "Mycroft, I am capable of taking care of the people I love, but everyone will fail at some point."  I said.

"Very well.  I'll be off. Give y/n my love."  He said before turning and leaving.

A nurse came out and walked up to me. She informed me that I was allowed to come in and see y/n. I didn't oppose. I walked in and sat in a chair next to her bed.
Mycroft's words stuck with me however. What is to keep anything like this from happening again?  I shook away those thoughts and looked down at y/n who was sleeping. I placed my hand on hers and rubbed it gently. It seemed as though when I touched her, she seemed more peaceful. I smiled to myself and kissed her forehead. I would find a way to keep my precious y/n safe.  She is my everything and I wouldn't lose her.