Protection (Part 3)-Sherlock

You woke up in the same spot that you'd landed in when the grenade went off. You slowly sat up and winced when you felt a pain in your left arm. You looked at it and saw a nasty gash. You reached up and grabbed the back of your bed frame and pulled yourself up. Once you were standing and looked around, you remembered that Eddie had taken Cheryl. Your breathing sped up as did your heart rate. You started to walk but it was difficult. Your head felt like it was spinning and you felt as though you were going to collapse. You walked along bracing yourself on the wall. You finally reached the front door and opened it. You stumbled out clutching your left arm.  You looked around at all the police that were now surrounding your house.

"Y/n?"  You heard a familiar deep voice from next to you.

You locked eyes with the man and you felt a little relieved seeing a familiar face.

"Sherlock Holmes."  You said.

"What happened?" He asked.

"He has her. He took her." You rambled, your voice cracking slightly as you continued repeating those two lines.

"Y/n."  Sherlock said stopping you.  "Who has who?"   He asked.

"My husband."  You said and then gulped nervously.  "He has Cheryl." 

Sherlock gave me a confused look, "Your husband?  I thought you said-"

"I know what I said."  You interrupted him. "I didn't think it was necessary to go around and tell everyone that I met that my husband is a psychopath."  You explained.

"Right then.  Why did he take her?"  Sherlock asked.

"He came into the house without me knowing and grabbed Cheryl. I pulled a gun on him and threatened to shoot. He then pulled a gun on Cheryl. He told me to come back with him but when I refused he took her saying he'd give me a little more time to think about it. He threw the bomb and slipped out the door with Cheryl. I managed to duck into my room before getting blown to bits."  You explained.

"And that's the whole story?"  He asked.

"All of it."  You answered.

Sherlock looked as though he was thinking before saying something. "I'll help you."  He said.

"You're a police officer?"  You asked.

"No.  But I am a consulting detective. The police consult me when they need me which is always.  So, I will help you find Cheryl."  He said.

You smiled at him, holding back tears.  "Thank you Mr. Holmes."  You said.

"Sherlock, please."  He insisted.

You nodded. "So, where do we start?"