CHAPTER 70

HIIII :D

there's only 2-3 chapters left of the story!!!! Thank you guys for reading and to those of you who have commented and voted through out the whole time, you're the best. <3

Prepare yourself for what's about to come with in the next few chapters and comment/vote and if you can spread the word about this story if you like it. I'd like to get to 100k reads (:

I might do a double update! If i get enough votes and requests for me to.

ENJOY :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s nearly nine p.m. when Kay finally makes movement in my lap, her hands gripping my thigh as she pushes herself upright to sit straight. We’ve sat here in silence for several hours, occasionally exchanging a few words here and there. The college students that had been surrounded around a pit of fire left awhile ago, leaving a few cups dumped into the sand, and the embers of the flames still dimly lit.

I turn my head and watch Kay push her dark hair out of her face as it tangles together from the wind blowing our way. Her eyeliner is smeared under her eyes, the only evidence that she has been crying and they droop from tiredness. She lifts the back of her hand and rubs them, pulling her hand away and scowling at the eyeliner that has rubbed off on it.

I take her hand out of her lap just as she looks up to meet my eyes, and I wipe it off for her. “Are you tired?” I ask her.

She licks her bottom lip, nodding her head slowly. “Yeah, I think I’m ready to leave now.” Her voice is hoarse and it sounds like she has swallowed a cup of salt water.

“C’mon.” I stand up to my feet, holding my hand out for her to take. She obliges, and I pull her to her feet as we start to trudge our way through the sand. I walk slowly for her, letting her take her time instead of rushing her like I usually would of. After a few minutes we make it to the parking lot, Kay letting go of my hand to walk around to the passenger’s side of the door as I unlock the car.

We climb into the car, Kay automatically moving to lean her head against the window after she’s pulled on her seatbelt and I begin to back out and turn into the main street. I head back to our hotel, the music on the radio dimly playing in the car and when I turn to glance at Kay, her eyes are already closed and her chest is rising and falling slowly. The whole car ride is quiet and I’m left alone with my thoughts. I’m slightly shaken over what happened a few hours ago, and I worry more for Kay. I’m afraid to leave her alone, not knowing whether if she’ll have another one of her breakdowns one of these days when I’m not there. Who will save her if I’m not? The thought floats around in my mind, along with several other questions. What’s going to happen to her when you go back on tour? My conscious taunts me, and the fear only heightens as my palms sweat against the steering wheel.

I arrive at the hotel shortly after, parking the car and shutting it off. My gaze wander’s over to Kaydence to see that she is completely curled up against the window, asleep.  I open the car door and get out, walking around to her side and opening the door slowly so she doesn’t fall. I extend my hand and grab her shoulder, then wrap my arms under her knees while my other arm wraps around her back. She stirs in my arms as I kick the door shut behind her, a little too hard making her wake up.

“Harry I can walk,” She says softly against my shoulder, her eyes fluttering open.

“Just go back to sleep, love.” I walk around to the front entrance of the hotel, feeling relieved when there are no paparazzi around. The sliding glass doors open as I near the front, Javi, the lad who works the front desk waving to me when he sees me walk through. I nod my head in return and head towards the elevator, leaning against the wall as I wait for the elevator to open. Kay wraps her arms around my neck, snuggling her face into my chest as one of her eyes opens to look at me.