CHAPTER 8

Who knew four bloody words could make my heart stop. She wanted to do the bet. I couldn't believe it, I thought for the past week I was never going to see her again and here she was, messaging me.  

I hit reply and started typing. 

HARRYSTYLES: 

YOU IN? -H. 

I sat there waiting for her reply, which felt like forever. Finally my phone beeped, and I unlocked it quickly. 

KAYDENCE21: 

ONLY IF YOU CAN STICK TO MY CONDITIONS. -K. 

HELL. I would stick to any condition if I got to see her again. 

HARRYSTYLES: 

WHAT CONDITIONS?-H. 

She answered back almost right away. 

KAYDENCE21: 

WE NEED TO TALK IN PERSON. WHEN CAN YOU MEET? -K. 

I checked the time on my phone.  

HARRYSTYLES:  

REHEARSALS END IN AN HOUR. I CAN MEET AT 6. MEET ME AT MY HOTEL. 7277 VALJEAN AVE, VAN NUYS, CA 91406. I'LL LET FRONT DESK KNOW. -H.

KAYDENCE21: 

SOUNDS GOOD. SEE YOU IN A BIT STYLES. -K. 

My heart was pounding, I was going to see her in an hour and a half. Part of me was nervous for some reason, why was I nervous? I never got nervous. I stood and walked back out to the stage, smiling.

KAYDENCE

I arrived at the hotel a few minutes late, and strode to the front desk.  

"Hi, I'm here to see Harry styles? He said he'd let you know. I'm Kaydence."  

He smiled politely, and nodded. "Yes, he did. He's on the fourth floor, room 215. Go on up." 

I smiled back. "Thank you."  

As I stood in the elevator I felt my insides twisting, and I felt like I was going to throw up. What the hell was wrong with me?  

I reached the fourth floor, and slowly walked down the hall, glancing at the room numbers till I found 215. I knocked, and a few moments later Harry opened the door, wearing basketball shorts, and a white t-shirt that revealed his tattoos.  

I cleared my throat, and glanced up at him. "Hi." 

He grinned. "Hi. Come on in."

HARRY

Kaydence walked in, and I shut the door behind her. I turned and followed her to the living room of my suite, and couldn't help but check her out.  

She wore her black converse again, along with dark blue skinny jeans, and a red v neck shirt that hugged her curves perfectly, She wore her hair down today and it hung in auburn waves down to her waist.  

She sat on the couch and tossed her hair behind her shoulder, revealing a silver infinity necklace she wore around her neck. Wonder if an ex gave that to her... 

"So," she said. "Let's get to business." 

I sat across from her, and cocked my eyebrow. "What are your conditions?" 

She hesitated, and fidgeted with her hands. "Well, I'll do the bet IF, I can stay with you for awhile." 

"What?" I asked incredulously. "You mean live here? But why? Don't you have a house?" 

She sighed. "No, I mean I live on campus at UCLA. With my roommate." 

"So what? You hate your roommate?" 

She laughed sarcastically, "Right now yes, actually. But no. I... I got expelled." 

I was shocked. "You don't seem like the bad girl type. What'd you do?" 

She shook her head, her curls falling in her face and I had to remind myself not to touch them. "I'm not. It was a misunderstanding. I mean, there was a party at the pool and someone brought alcohol and drugs. We got caught at the pool and someone stuffed everything in my bag. I got left behind by my roommate, hence why I hate her right now. And well I got expelled..." 

"Wow," I said shaking my head. "That's awful." 

"Ya.. and I need to be out of the dorms in two days. So I need somewhere to go."  

"Look I wanna help, but I mean don't you have a home you can go to with your parents?"  

Her face darkened, and I knew right away I brought up a topic that was not open for discussion. "I'm not exactly on good terms with my mother."  

"Okay...What about your dad?" 

And just then I saw of flash of deep emotion cross her face. Something between anger and sadness. "He left us." 

Bloody hell, I felt like an arse. "I'm sorry...I mean what happened?" 

She sighed, and rubbed her face. "Harry, this isn't something I like talking about okay? I don't have parents. I don't have relatives. I don't have friends," she dropped her hand and looked up at me with pleading eyes. "I need your help." 

I looked at her. I mean really looked at her. She was beautiful, but inside there was something that tore at her, and made her put up this front with people. I was determined to figure her out.  

"Okay. You can stay here, but eventually you're gonna tell me about what happened to you. And the bet is still on," I leaned in close to her, inches from her face. "So, do we have a deal?" 

She stared at me wide eyes, and nodded. "Yes," she whispered.  

We stared at each other a moment longer, our eyes connecting. I leaned back and cleared my throat. "Good." 

She blew out a breath she was holding and glanced around the room. "This is nice by the way." 

"Ya, luckily you get to stay here." I said winking at her.  

She narrowed her eyes and pursed her lips. "And he's back to himself again."  

I laughed at that. "Well of coarse. " 

She smirked slightly and looked away. 

"About the bet," I said "we've got to act like a couple, even in front of the press." 

"Why?" She asked.  

"Because, I'm trying to prove something here. Not just to you, but the world." 

She snorted. "Good luck with that." 

"I'm serious. It pisses me off that you think low of me, and it pisses me off more that there's a chance others think the same." 

"Okay..." She said through hooded eyes. 

We sat in silence for a long time, but it was comfortable. Not awkward.  

She stood up then. "I gotta go." 

I stood too, stepping closer to her. "I thought you were gonna stay?" 

"I am, but I need to go pack my things. I'll be back tomorrow if that's okay?" She started walking towards the door and looked over her shoulder at me. 

"Yes, that's fine." I reached into my pocket, and handed her the room key. "Here." 

She took hold of it and stared down at it, then looked up at me. She hesitated then stepped closer and wrapped her arms around me. 

I was shocked at first, then held her back. She squeezed me gently, and took a step back.  

"Maybe you're not so bad styles." She said 

I could only smile at her.  

She grinned back, took hold of my hand and squeezed. "Thank you."

--------------- 

I made this one long for your guys. (: 

Hope you like ittttttt, please vote! <3