CHAPTER 3

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you there." He said in his very thick British accent.

In that moment I felt my stomach plummet in excitement and filling up with butterflies. I was suddenly reminded of the time I had a crush on him, back when I was ‘in love’ with him and the rest of the boys in the band. I use to plaster pictures of him on my walls and stare at them when I was sitting on the floor of my room, crying because of a bad day or just over my life in general. It always made me feel better, looking at him or the other boys, it calmed me and made me believe there was a better world out there. Until after the accident, I couldn’t even stand to look at pictures of any of them. I tore them down and now as I think of that time, bile rises at the back of my throat and I force myself to rip my eyes away from him.  

I clear my throat. "Yeah, well whatever. Just watch where you're fucking going." I snap and move to walk around him when his other four band mates come around him, blocking my path. I stop mid-step and stare, taken aback for a moment before quickly composing myself.

"Who's this?" Asked Zayn. His accent was thicker.  

The green eyed boy looked at me, and grinned slightly. "What's your name love?"

"Well it is definitely not love," I shot at him. "It's Kaydence."

He stuck his hand out, "I'm Ha-,"

" Harry. I know who you are."I said, crossing my arms over my chest and leaning away from him. 

"Oh?" He arched his eyebrow, and wiggled his long outstretched fingers before dropping his hand back by his side. "So you're a fan." He said smiling.

I snorted and shook my head. "No, not exactly.." 

They all stood quiet, glancing at one another. Harry shifted uncomfortably on his feet, Zayn pressed his lips in a thin line, Liam scratched the back of his head, Louis forced out a cough, and Niall let out a very loud, ridiculous, nervous laugh that broke the awkward silence. "We can’t expect everyone to like us, right mates?" He said, nudging Louis’ arm while the rest of the boys began to laugh along with Niall. I couldn’t help but smile at his attempt to ease the tension. He was adorable.

"Did you at least enjoy the concert?" Liam asked hopefully, giving me a genuine smile. 

"I didn't go to the concert. I'm only here because I had to drive my friends here." I say honestly. Liam nods in understanding and lifts his hand to adjust the snapback on his head.

Harry leaned against the wall lazily, crossing his ankles while lifting his arms and tucking his hands under his armpits. I refrained from staring at the bulging muscle that was very noticeable when he did that, but it wasn’t without extreme effort. "So where are your friends then? The concert is over."

"Really? I didn't notice." I gestured to the five of them, then rolled my eyes. "They went home with security. So if you'll excuse me, I'll be going now." I turned and walked the way they came.

"Um, exits that way." Harry said, pointing the other direction.

I glared at him and muttered a thanks as I walked past him, and headed the way he pointed only to realize it was the way I had came. I still didn’t know my way back, and I knew I’d be stuck here for hours if I kept wandering around, hoping to eventually end up in the parking lot.

I grumbled to myself before spinning back around. "Um, how do I get to the parking lot?"

Harry smirked at me, and clicked his tongue. "Lost?"

I bit my tongue from snapping at him and tapped my foot impatiently. "Yeah, okay? Can you tell me where to go now?"

He grinned and let out a small chuckle, shaking his head as he turned to his friends. "I'm going to walk her to her car, I'll meet up with you lads later." They all nodded and briefly waved to me before heading the other way, as Harry sauntered towards me. 

"Let's go." he said, brushing my shoulder as he walked past me.