CHAPTER 41

So I'm really sorry it took me so long to update! I've been busy with classes for the past week and I'm sorry if you think this chapter sucks.

By the way can I just say I was screeching because I saw a video from one of the boys concerts recently and HARRY'S SINGING THE THEME SONG FROM FRIENDS AND KAY AND HARRY BOTH LOVE THAT SHOW IN THE STORY AND I WAS JUST WOW OKAY NO I'M DONE.

Anyways, more votes means faster updates!

And thank you for 21k reads! (:

Enjoy (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KAYDENCE

My breathing finally starts to calm down as my head rests on Harry's bare chest. His hand is softly rubbing my back as we both lay on the bed, I let out a deep breath and lift my hand to wipe my damp eyes.

"Are you okay?" Harry asks above me.

"Yeah." I croak.

We both lay there in silence, while Harry continues to rub my back. It was odd how much his touch was comforting me and I clung to him. I couldn't believe I had told him the truth. It was hard, and the whole time I was thinking he was going to not want me anymore, but here he still was.

"Can I ask you something?" He broke the silence and interrupted my thoughts.

"Sure."

"How did your mum not know?"

I sighed, and shrugged my shoulder. "She stopped paying attention when her and my dad started fighting. He didn't get home till the middle of the night and I don't know...She just never noticed."

"What happened after that night, between you and her?"

I ran my index finger around his tattoo on his chest. "Can we not talk about this anymore?"

He moved over, and sat up. I rolled onto the pillow, blinking up at him as he ruffled his hair and looked at me with concern. "Kay, I want to know everything."

"I did tell you everything." I said, throwing my hands into the air.

He shook his head, his hair shaking around his ears. "No, you told me what happened with your dad. But what happened after? In the hospital and up until what had happened with your brother?"

I look down and unconsciously run my finger over the scar on my wrist, then look back up at Harry, and sigh when I can see he won't give up on it.

"I got depressed." I say when Harry nudges my leg.

"Depressed?" He asks, his eyes growing more concerned.

"Yeah... My mom didn't tell the doctor it was my dad who raped me."

"What?" Harry says incredulously. "Why the hell would your mum lie about something like that?"

I shrug. "I guess she didn't want to believe it, but I still don't know to this day."

Harry raises one perfect eyebrow at me. "You didn't tell the doctors the truth?"

"What was I suppose to say? 'Hey doc, it was my dad who cut my wrist, oh and raped me too.' " I laugh to myself sarcastically.

"Stop," he shakes his head and rubs his jaw. "Don't talk about it like it's a joke or its no big deal, I hate that."

"Harry, I know it's not a joke. But I've learned to deal with it."

"So you laugh?" There goes the eyebrow. "Why would you laugh about it?"

"It's better to laugh then cry." I say simply.