CHAPTER 46

I double updated!!! But it's really short, so sorry.

Please don't forget to vote!

Enjoy!(:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fuck my life.

It's been one day. One God damn day since Harry left and I miss him so much.

I can't focus on anything, and I feel so out of it. I don't have an appetite, and I couldn't sleep last night. For the first time in two weeks, I had a nightmare about my dad and I woke up in a panic, expecting to find Harry next to me, but when I remembered he wasn't I cried. I've been in bed since yesterday and have been sulking, hugging his pillow to me. It still smells like him and I find comfort in it, but at the same time it makes my heart ache even more. I am so fucking over this emotional shit and if I could choose how I felt it wouldn't be like this.

I force myself to get out of bed and walk to my bag emptying it out, and placing my clothes into the drawers. I pick up a pair of yoga pants and a t-shirt, and am about to walk to the bathroom to change when I remember I don't have to. I pout and pull my pants down, stripping off my shirt too. I slide the clean clothes on and walk to the kitchen to see if there is anything to eat. The fridge only has cranberry juice and there are only a bag of chips sitting on the counter. I mentally list that I need to go grocery shopping sometime today, then walk to the dresser to grab my fully charger phone. I check it, and frown when I still haven't received any calls or texts from Harry. I toss my phone on the bed, annoyed as hell and saunter to the couch, plopping myself down and turning on the tv.

I surf the channels and settle on ' How I Met Your Mother.' I watch the show for awhile but my mind begins to wander back to Harry. I groan out loud and turn off the tv, standing up and sliding on my converse. I pick up my phone off the bed and grab my car keys on the way out. I walk down the empty hallway, and take the elevator down to the lobby. The elevator doors slide open and I walk out of the hotel and lazily drag myself to my car. I drive to the nearest market, and park the car before I get out, slamming my door shut behind me. I walk onto the market and smile at the man behind the counter when he looks at me. I take one of the blew baskets near the front and fill it with some snacks. I add a macaroni box, some soup cans, and spagetti noodles with the sauce. Passing by the freezers, I stop and also grab a carton of cookies n cream ice cream, then walk to the front to pay. I wait patiently for the guy in front of me to finish then step forward once it's my turn. I set the basket on the counter, and the man scans them all, and sets them in a grocery bag. I pay and pick up the bag, and it is heavier then I had expected. I carry it tightly in my arms and rush out of the market to get to my car quickly, only to run smack into someone. I drop the bag and all the contents fall put, the ice cream hitting the ground and spilling all over the concrete.

"Man, I was looking forward to that." I groan.

I bend down to pick everything back up, when I notice another pair of hands helping me. I look up to see who it is, and am stunned at who it is.

"Max?" I ask, shocked.

He smiles genuinely, and picks up the macaroni box and several other snacks I bought. "Hey, I'm really sorry about all this." He says, with his thick british accent.

"It's fine, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." He grins, and I notice how nice his smile is. It's nothing compared to Harry's, but it's still nice. "What are you doing here anyways?" I ask.

He nodes towards the market. "I'm staying nearby, and needed some stuff from here."

"Oh, okay." I look at the now empty bow of ice cream, and pick it up, tossing it in a nearby trash can.

He stands up and holds my grocery bag out for me to take. "I'm really sorry about that, let me buy you a new one?"

"No, it's okay, it's just ice cream."

"That you were looking forward to." He repeats my words, and smirks.

I laugh lightly, and shrug. "Yeah, I was."

He smiles, making the corner of his green eyes crinkle up. "So let me buy you another one?"

I look at the wasted ice cream lying on the floor then nod. "Yeah, sure."

I follow him back into the market, and he grabs a pack of bagels and cream cheese before walking towards the freezers.

"Which one did you want?"

"Cookies n cream."

He picks up the carton and heads to the register, pays for his stuff, and hands me the carton.

"Thank you." I say.

"You're welcome."

I head towards the exit and glance over my shoulder when I hear him following.

"Where's Harry?" He asks curiously.

I open my car door and set the groceries in the back seat. "He flew back to England."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's okay he'll be back in a few weeks." I state.

"Cool." He grins at me, and I quickly look away from him. For some reason he makes me nervous, and it might be because guys in general make me nervous or because...Well I don't really know the other reason.

"So are you busy right now?" He asks me.

"No, why?"

"Do you want to go grab lunch?"

I don't know what to say, and remember that Harry doesn't like him. Would he be mad if I hung out with him? What am I even thinking, Harry doesn't control who I can hang out with.

"I'm not sure, I have stuff to do..." I trail off.

He lifts his eyebrow at me, and crosses his arms over his toned chest. "I thought you said you weren't busy?"

I bite my bottom lip and look at him guilty. He smiles kindly at me and lightly pats my arm. "It's just lunch with a friend."

God only knows I need a friend. Madison was my friend, but that shits done with. It wouldn't hurt to have one friend, right?

"But my ice cream will melt in the car."

"I'll follow you to your place so you could drop it off, and we can ride together."

I consider it, but then wonder what if Harry calls me while I'm with him? Maybe I should talk to Harry about this before I choose to hangout with him because the last thing I need is for him to find out before I tell him. Thinking about Harry, I pull out my phone to see if he texted me right when max touches my arm.

"Hey, if it's Harry you're worried about, it's fine. I don't want to get between you two but we are friends, right?" He looks at me seriously.

I look down at my phone, and frown. Nothing. He should of landed a few hours ago, and if he can't even send me a text then fine. To hell with it.

"Yeah, okay. Let's go." I agree.

"Okay." He looks at me with his green eyes and smiles. He seems really nice. "My cars down there, I'll follow you."

I nod, and he walks towards his car. I hop in mine, and glance down at my phone again to see the same thing as I did before. I mentally curse Harry out as I drive in reverse, but I can't ignore the nagging feeling that this is a bad idea, and one I will regret.

(How do you all feel about max coming back? Let me know!(: )