Chapter 2: A Claim to Fame

Start from the beginning

"Oh, well, we're stupid, aren't we? The ship's been overtaken by an outlaw, and we aren't getting off with everyone else?"

"Can I say something?" asked Cameron.

"Yes, go ahead," replied Karnilla.

"I don't know about you two, but I'm going to follow my friend Milangelo. From what I've heard, he hasn't disembarked yet."

"That's actually pretty noble of you. I am so drunk right now."

"Pat, you're staring at him, stop it."

It was at that moment the helmsman knocked on the door. "Oh, hello Crock. How can we help you?" said Cameron.

"This is a last call. Off or on?"

"We were thinking that we'd follow Milangelo Douglas."

"Alright. Come with me. He's in his room at the moment; you can ask him what he plans to do, and that'll be your answer."

Crock led the trio to Milangelo's room, where James stood outside. "He's changing, in case you were wondering."

"Oh, hey, captain," said Crock.

"You're staying on?" asked Cameron, surprised.

"I'm too old to give a shit."

"Fair enough." Cameron looked to the side and thought I really mischaracterised this guy. He's quite the badass.

"Crock, finish your rounds. As soon as we're done here, we're off for Alimony Bay. Milangelo deserves the credit for this one," said James, with a smile on his face.

"What are you planning to do there?" asked Cameron.

"Knowing that his assets would be frozen after this incident, he has decided that we shall rob his bank and estate for everything that would otherwise have been his," said James.

"That's so fucking badass!" said Cameron, and then, "wait, did I just say that out loud?"

"Yes, you did, cowboy. You're definitely not joining us in the pool. Hey, Pat, let's go get changed!" said Karnilla.

"Now that's something I can get behind!" responded Patricia.

"Hello. Was it Cameron Miles?" asked James.

"Yes, sir," replied Cameron, with a slight tone of resentment.

"Are you up for guard duty? Because Milangelo and I will be the only ones going ashore. Make sure no-one tries to take off with the ship. If that happens, it will not only be my life on the line. Remember, Milangelo is coming with me."

"Understood, captain." Cameron had decided to accept the facts as they were, rather than how he would like them to be.

After everyone who did not want to become a pirate had disembarked, and as it happened, that left only the six of them: James, Milangelo, Crock, Cameron, Patricia, and Karnilla; the SS Psychic pulled out of port, and began its course for Alimony Bay. This would mean a fairly long journey down to the south of the Phobos Sea, but the payoff was clear to everyone, and it would make the journey more than worth it.

"Now that we've got some time, who here wants to introduce themselves? I know the three of you by name, but I know very little else about you," said James.

"I'll bite, but first you gotta throw the hook. Let's learn about you, new captain," said Crock.

"Eloquently put, Crock. You're quite the mystery, James Baron. I don't know modern technology, nor do I pay attention to the wanted posters. Who are you?" added Milangelo.