lxxxii.

That late night on the map table didn't last as long as you thought. Sam turned in maybe an hour after that, being so exhausted from the Amara smoke that Sam filled you in on. And the message Amara left for Dean; that everyone and everything was going to perish. Except for him.

"Well, I'm glad I at least don't have to worry about you dying." You said, trying to keep it lighthearted over the tense subject of Amara and Dean after Sam left.

"Yeah, well, I have to worry about everything else dying." Dean said staring at his computer. Dean glanced up at you, "You gonna be okay?"

"What? With the whole God not approving of me thing?" You shook your head with a harsh breath escaping your smile, "I mean it's not the first time a spiritual being doesn't approve of my existence."

"I know, (Y/N) but this is God." Dean started a lecture but you couldn't have it right now.

"I know that, Dean. You don't have to remind me that the guy that created the universe sees me like an alien." You said, Dean felt uncomfortable to move forward and you didn't want him to. So you looked at your computer screen, yawning soon after. You stared at the computer scanning across the internet on both yours and Deans laptops and you decided to lay your head down on the cold table.

Dean propped your head up, at first you were annoyed and then thankful when you felt the familiar feeling of his arm working as a pillow for you. You smiled and snuggled deeper into his arm.

Dean stared at you, smiling. Times like these you were reminded that Dean was the only one who saw you differently, or normally, like you were just a normal chick. Granted it was a blessing and a curse. But now was a time you really needed it. Dean felt even himself dozing off, he took another sip of his beer before scanning his eyes over the fast moving screen.

"Come on, Amara. Where are you?" Dean mumbled. And you heard it but decided to ignore it for the heaviness of your eyelids. You opened your eyes again, realizing it was your idea to stay up and Dean had been out all day unlike you.

"I'm gonna go make some coffee." You sat up, rubbing your eyes, "You need sleep."

"I'm not leaving you out here alone." Dean shook his head.

"It's not like anyone's going to get me out here." You said, standing up and running a delicate hand across his shoulders.

"That wasn't the point." He held your hand back. You leaned down and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

"I'm still going to make coffee. And when I get back I am praying that you will be in bed. Okay? I'll be there right after this scanner is done." You promised, pulling your hand away slowly.

"We'll see about that." Dean said, watching you walk away, biting his lip as he looked over your body as if it was the first time he'd seen it. If that was the last thing he'd ever see, he would die happy.

"I've missed you, Dean." The voice pierced Dean's ears with recognition as he turned forward in his chair to be met with a clear as day vision of Amara standing there in the room with him. He couldn't speak, paralyzed with emotion, "It's been a while since we've spoken. I'm aware my brother has surfaced. If you should cross paths, if he should reach out to you, he should know this – Michael, his firstborn, isn't doing so well."

Castiel's body appears beaten, tortured, and falling apart at the seams with the same hard-ironed Michael expression as it stared Dean in the face. Then the face he stared at dissipated before him, confirming that what was happening felt even more like a hallucination.

"To say nothing of the vessel, your friend Castiel." Amara continued over Dean's confusion, "By choosing to ignore me, my brother is allowing this to happen. These and... other things. I thought you should know."