lxii.

In Fall River, Massachusetts, Sam and Dean walk away from a home hidden by woods and trees. It's daytime and there is a man standing on the porch, watching them walk towards concrete stairs. He oddly eyes the boys which makes both of them uncomfortable enough to look behind them periodically.

"Said you had a good feeling about that one." Dean complained.

"Yeah, well, it seemed like a solid lead, Dean." Sam defended his instincts, "Only a soulless psycho would kill the family cat."

"Yeah, unless the family cat decides to take a nap in the dryer." Dean said, unlocking the Impala.

"You know, we've been here since Monday and still haven't found another legit victim." Sam leaned his hands against the hood of the car, "Maybe Amara moved on or stopped feeding altogether."

"Well... finding her victims is still the best shot we got at finding her." Dean rolled his eyes, not wanting to talk about it too much.

"Not actually true." Sam said, looking at his brother expectantly across the hood. Dean knew exactly what he was talking about.

"Oh, what? You think they're ready?" Dean asked, "Cass has had a pretty rough go of it lately a-and (Y/N)--."

"Which one of us hasn't?" Sam asked, "I know you want (Y/N) to be safe, we all do. And we all want Cass to be better. But it seems insane to leave our only angel friends on the bench."

"I'll call her."  Dean resigned, taking his phone out.

"Thank you." Sam watched on as Dean dialed on his phone.

~

"..It literally doesn't matter." A man's voice let out on the screen. You and Cass had gotten to just watching reruns of whatever was on TV.  You laid on your stomach on the bed, and Cass sat separately on a comfy chair next to it.

"Well, we're gonna get to all the results in just a second. We're gonna start with, uh..." then your phone rang. "Let's go back to our first story. Uh, Louis, Silla, and Edwin."

"Hi." You answered

"Hey, how are you doing?" Dean asked. But you were zoned out listening to Jenny Jones.

"We did a DNA test on Louis." Jenny said.

"Watch it's going to be him." You told Cass, taking the phone from your ear for a second.

"No, Louis isn't ready to be a father. It has to be Jason." Cass defended Jenny.

"Bet-" You started but:

"(Y/N)?" Dean brought your attention back.

"Oh, I'm fine." You sighed, "Cass is good, too."

"Find anything on Metatron?" Dean asked.

"Um, nothing on angel radio." You shared, listening to the voices that have come in ever so often.

"How long's it been since you left the bunker?" Dean asked.

"A couple days for me." You put your chin on your forearm, oddly lethargic.