xxiv.

Dean and Sam walk into the library, bickering as usual. You followed closely behind them, shaking your head.

"This is the single worst idea I've ever heard. You just whacked a whole house full of people, and that's when the Blade was nowhere around. And now you wanna be in actual contact with it?" Sam complained.

"We don't know that I have to be in contact with it. All we know is that we need it." Dean replied.

"No no, all we know is he says we need it. We don't even know what he wants us to do with it." Sam crossed his arms.

"A step at a time, allright. We play it safe, we learn whatever the spell is, how it works and we keep the Blade out of my hands." Dean takes out his cell phone.

"Are you sure this isn't the Mark making you want the damn thing? I mean, why would we trust anything Metatron says?" Sam questioned.

"I don't trust Metatron." Dean defended himself.

"You don't tru– Then what?" Sam asked, confused.

"What's his game if he is lying, okay? The Blade without me is useless. The Blade with me is trouble for him." Dean makes a call and puts his phone to his ear.

"What does he want?" Sam asked. You leaned against table where they stopped.

"I don't know. But if we weren't willing to take a shot, then what was the point of bringing him here? Unless you got a better idea." Dean said, then returned to his call.

"Squirrel. It's been a while. Back to your former self?" The speaker was loud enough for you to hear. You heard the voice answer, Crowley.

"Crowley. We need to meet ASAP." Dean told him.

"Where?" He asked.

Dean gave him coordinates to a sandwich shop he liked, but that had an alleyway next to it. When Dean hung up the phone, Sam left, pouting.

Dean turned around to see you staring at him.

"I assume you want to take a shot at me, too?" Dean opened himself up for the fire.

"'Course not." You shrugged, "I just - I want you to make the right decision, Dean. I care about you. And I think Sam's right you shouldn't have that thing near you." You said, keeping your hands to yourself.

"You sure about that?" Dean looked you in the eyes, and stepping a bit closer.

"Sure about what?" You asked, feeling the need to fall into him. But your fear of yourself kept you back.

"That you care about me. Because as far as I'm concerned you've been avoiding me for days." Dean took another step closer to you, and you backed up onto the table again.

"Dean, that's ridiculous." You told him, "Of course I care about you. I'm here, aren't I? Did I not drop everything in my life to come be here with you, help you?"

"I didn't say you weren't here. I just don't get it. I forgave you for dream hopping the other day, I thought we moved past the whole ignoring each other stuff. So I'm asking why is it that now when I try to get close to you, you turn away, (Y/N)?" Dean jumped to conclusions. He thought maybe after the massacre, seeing what he had done that you're now scared of him, "I've never done this before."

"Done what?" You asked, your heart beating as now he had reached a point to where he was inches away and you didn't trust yourself to touch him.