ix.

You walked through the bar, back at work and ready to serve the mildly drunk walks of life. Dean and Crowley finally decided to join the party again with the two guys they sat with earlier at the foosball table.

"Best of three. Losers buy the beer." You overheard Crowley as you cleaned up the table nearby.

"Lots of beer." Dean corrected.

"Girl seemed nice. Hard to get. Slightly damaged. I could see the old you falling for that." You had a strange smile hearing that, Dean falling for you sounded nice.

"Yeah, well, not to worry. She means nothing." Dean replied, causing your smile to completely fade. You went tunnel vision into your work, skipping the tables near foosball for a while.

Though you didn't want to be talked to, a man grabbed you roughly by the shoulders and spun you around. You half-hoped it to be Dean, and were expectedly disappointed. Instead you were faced with a different past lover, Matt, the man you swore off in Colorado.

"(Y/N)." He said, by the look of him he must've expected you to start crying and run into his arms or something. He waited

"What are you doing here? Where I work?" You asked, doing the exact opposite. You backed away from him, angry.

"I missed you. You need me (Y/N), I've been looking for you all day." Matt grabbed your wrist tightly, "Do you have any idea the amount of crap I went through to find you, just to find out you're out with some other guy?"

"Matt, we aren't together anymore. And I don't need you. We talked about this. I live here now, on the road." You said, trying to return to work.

"Like hell we aren't-" Matt said at a louder volume.

"Let's not talk here, please, I'm working-" you tried to reason with him but it wasnt working. He wasn't listening to you, and he began attracting attention to you guys.

"Well I tried to come on your break but that didn't work, did it? You're coming with me." He grabbed your wrist and began dragging you outside.

"Get off me." You ripped your wrist away from him once you were outside, "You're going to get me fired!"

"Is that really what you're worried about? Can you stop thinking about yourself for 3 seconds?!" He yelled pushing you up against the wall, "Why are you doing this to me?!"

"You need to calm down." You said, pushing him off you, "I've never seen you like this."

"Where were you?" He asked.

"What?" You said, confused.

"During your break. Where were you?" He asked again. He grabbed your face this time.

"Stop it!" You ripped his hands off you, "Don't touch me!"

"Hey, is this him?" Dean appeared, grabbing the mans shoulders back and off you. It all happened so quickly, Dean looked to you for confirmation that this was the boyfriend you had caught him up on earlier.

"There a problem?" Matt puffed out his chest, but Dean was already so much bigger than him.

"Yeah, are you Matt?" Dean didn't even wait for him to answer, he slammed him down on the hood of a nearby car and just began punching him. At first you were excited he was defending you like this, not that you needed it, but it was a nice gesture. But Dean just kept punching and punching and punching.

"Dean!" You yelled, grabbing his shoulder, and then he pulled back. He was scaring you now. This wasn't him at all, not the guy you met a few months ago. You held onto the back of his shirt, you didn't like Matt but you didn't want him hurt this badly.

"You need to get away from here." Dean grabbed Matt's face the same way Matt had done to you, "Don't try and contact her. In fact, don't even think about her. You understand me?!"

He gives Matt one last punch, until he's unconscious. He looks back at you, proud of himself and looks like he's expecting a kiss or a thank you. But this was too much so you couldn't help the frightened look, so Crowley grabbed him away. When they left you grabbed Matt and dragged him to your car to take him to the E.R. You were probably fired anyways.

~

The doctor came to tell you Matt was awake. He said and they were checking on a few last things to make sure he didn't have a concussion but that you could go see him. You hesitated at first, hoping to just leave and forget everything. But you couldn't, you couldn't leave it like this.

You went to his room and opened it as the doctor was finishing up checking his blood pressure. For a second the only noise was the velcro of the armband ripping off. Then the doctor told you he was going to be perfectly fine, but you did the right thing by bringing him in.

"Hi." Matt said.

"Hi." You sighed.

"So that's him, huh?" Matt scratched the back of his head, "Really?"

"I'm not dating him." You said for yourself, "I hardly know him."

"No but you did that thing you always do and-" he stopped, frustrated. "I'm sorry that I was rough with you today. You know me, I don't normally do that."

"I know, you scared me." You told him, "I don't know what got into you today, but-"

"You did." Matt said, "You have this way of getting under everyones skin. Do you know how crazy you drove me? You don't, I know you don't. Because sometimes its like you have no emotions at all. That scares me... If youre not dating that guy maybe you should, you'd be perfect together. And I guess he cares."

"No, he cares about himself. If he cared about me he wouldn't knock you unconscious. I think he just wanted to hit something and you were the only one he could justify it for himself." You said.

"Wow." He said quietly, grabbing the ice pack for his face.

"What now?" You asked.

"I just drove all the way from Colorado to see you with someone else and have the guy you left me for knock me out." He winced at the ice.

"I didn't leave you for anyone. I had to leave. I'm not ready to settle down and have kids and a white picket fence." You rambled.

"I never asked you to-" he started to correct you but you cut him off.

"No but that's what you want. And I don't." You told him, his head fell.

"So you'll be better off with him?" He asked, defeated.

"I'm not going to be with him. Maybe I liked him at some point a long time ago but he's a bad guy. I can make those decisions on my own." You said for yourself, tired of him trying to save you.

"If he's a bad guy, what does that make me?" He asked, seriously not knowing the answer. Usually the good guy beats up the bad guy and gets the girl. The roles were so reversed to him.

"A really good guy that deserves a girl thats not going to make him drive all the way from Colorado to get her back. You deserve someone who'll stay with you and have that life you wanted. You need to forget about me." You started walking closer and closer until your hand was on his cheek.

  You kept repeating it in your head that he needed to forget you when suddenly your hand lit up. Your brain encoded a motion across his face. When it stopped you stumbled back, grabbing your hand, feeling it tingle like it was asleep. You felt your energy drain. Matt closed his eyes and then opened them.

"What am I doing here?" He asked, "Who are you?"