vii.

You woke up to your empty bed, as though Dean Winchester was a ghost. Leaving you in his shirt the next morning to mock you. You were pretty excited about him too. But yet the universe has a way of showing you that after what happened with your fiancé, that won't happen anytime soon.

You stayed in bed all day, researching headlines for your perp. Only to realize how stupid it all was, maybe some of the people you brought to court were innocent all along. So instead you found yourself neck deep in lore and mythology of everything, trying to learn all you could. Maybe there was an answer for your ex-fiancé's death. So you kept going until your stomach grumbled and now it was dark out. You got up to go to your kitchen/front room. On the counter was some toast, bacon, and an egg from a few hours ago probably. With it was a note:

Sorry, I had to go. I'm no cook but hopefully you rubbed off on me a little bit. Hope I see you soon.
- Dean

You smiled at the gesture, but had to throw it out. It was evening now so you didn't know how long it'd been sitting there. But you kept the note, just one little trace of this guy was enough. Not to mention the shirt.

The phone rang, you picked it up quick without even checking. The other end was loud, and you sighed, you knew this call.

"(Y/N), I need you to get your ass down here!" Gary yelled over the music.

"You know, Gary, considering I don't work on Mondays: sometimes a please goes a very long way." You said, tucking the phone into your shoulder as you looked for food.

"You know what else goes a long way?" Gary said, "Get your ass down here in the next 15 minutes or else you'll no longer be employed here."

"Alright, I'm convinced. See you in 20." You went to hang up the phone, shoving food in your mouth.

"15! I mean it-" click.

~

You walked into your bar, still wearing Dean's flannel tucked into your jeans. Gary barely talked to you, just threw you the pad and pen.

"I told you 15!" Was all he said.

"Well, I figured 18 was a good compromise." You said, leaving to go to your first table. You couldn't understand why it was so packed, and it smelt so awful. Not just of alcohol but something else, like rotten eggs or just a ton of people in desperate need of a shower. You tried to consume yourself in your work, running too and fro, serving the people having fun. One man grabbed your waist, he was a drunk that came in by himself to hit on you randomly.

"Hey baby, you miss me?" His alcohol scented breath killing your nose.

"I gotta say Jesse, I didn't." You said, almost dropping the drinks you were carrying.

"You told me to give you space and I did. I went like 4 whole days without you, baby." He went to kiss you, your hands grabbed his cheeks to stop him.

"Jesse, until you can stop drinking, clean yourself up, and remember my name, we will never be a thing." You told him pushing him away and serving table number 3.

"Whose is this? This isn't yours." He grabbed the collar of your shirt and unbuttoned your top few buttons making table three cheer, "Wait a minute, this is a mans shirt have you been cheating on me-?" Then you slapped him.