lxxi.

Dean found a nearby wooded area that may have been what Amara had taken him to. He sped down a back road, not stopping for anything. He got a phone call, his phone. He forgot about his phone.

"Dean!" Sam's panicked voice reached through to Dean, "Dean where have you been? I've called you like a million times!"

"Sorry, I've been a little busy-" he started but Sam continued over him.

"(Y/N) and the Rowena are gone." Sam finished.

"What." Dean said it more as a demand than a question.

"I got home from groceries and they're both gone. I tried all of (Y/N)'s phones, I tried Cass, Crowley, even prayed for pete sakes." Sam said, "Everything's gone. She called me but my phone was dead. I think she went to the cage."

"Hold on, alright. Slow down." Dean said, experiencing nausea and dizziness. He started to gag. At first he thought it was nausea from losing you, but he had to pull over. He released his stomach onto the side of the road. After he fell down, ignoring Sam's voiced concerns.

"Dean?" Sam asked, "Dean!"

"I'm fine- just find Crowley alright. I'll call you back." He hung up in misery. As soon as he hung up heard a voice approaching.

"Dean?" Cass approached his car. Dean's vision was blurry but he could see him.

"I came as soon as you called. Are you alright?" Cass leaned against the car.

"Cass?" Dean squinted, but then threw up again. Cass pulls Dean to sit back up.

"You're not alright." Castiel concluded. Dean wiped his mouth.

"Obviously. What's wrong with me?" He asked. Cass placed a hand on Deans forehead and checked his eyes.

"Stick out your tongue." The angel demanded.

"What?" Dean looked confused but Cass opened his mouth and Dean obliged, Cass peered inside.

"Alright, are we done?" Dean rolled his body back, in pain. Hating to be the one in need, "(Y/N) needs me, I have to go."

"No." Cass looks worried and holds up his finger, "Let me take your temperature."

"No!" Dean pushed his finger away, "that's not going to happen."

"How far are we from the event?" Cass asked, reminding Dean of Amara. It was real.

"You mean the angel nuke?" Dean asked, desensitizing the event.

"Yes." Cass confirmed.

"Ground zero is about a mile down that way." Dean nodded his head in the direction he intended to go.

"That explains it. You're suffering from smiting sickness." Cass nodded.

"That... that's a thing?" Dean sighed, everything was a thing.

"Yeah. The angels... what they did... it released a tremendous amount of energy and there's fallout, so this whole area is poisoned." Cass shared.

"You can heal me right?" Dean asked.

"No, I can't. (Y/N), maybe. But the closer you get to the blast site the worse your sickness will become." Cass said. Dean looked, debating.

"How worse?" He asked, still staring.