xxxi.

That night set off the craziest whirl wind of events. Represented mostly by the fact that you now sat in the car with a mortal Metatron in the back seat. You needed to find some way to help Dean, we did end up going behind Dean's back to find him. And although Metatron admitted to not being useful for the Mark, he will be to restore Castiel's grace which he claims still exists.

Castiel was driving, the radio was playing just to drown out Metatron's incessant talking.

Our flashback playback continues with a song that climbed all the way to number four on the charts. Here's Alanis Morissette's "Ironic."

Cass turned off the radio. Probably just tired of listening to the songs they played.

"Really? That song is a classic." Metatron spoke, no one answered. That was what he wanted from you, "Yeah I hear you. I do. And you're right. Inclement weather on the day of your nuptials and the wrong cutlery at inopportune times is hardly ironic. But it sure is catchy." Another long silence, "Yeah, fair point. Can't argue taste. But since I became human, it's just so....strange. All these feelings, you know? I mean, I can feel music. Like that last song, "Sussudio." I don't even know what it's about and I love it. I always enjoyed lyrics, words, stories. Gives me goose bumps. And Goosebumps – don't even get me started on those. Creepy! And yet....arousing."

By that point you'd already made a call to the only other person who might need him. You knew Cass was on board.

"(Y/N)?" Sam answered the phone.

"Can I just kill him now?" You asked.

"You know I can hear you, right?" Metatron leaned forward to show you his face.

"No, we need him alive for now." Sam told you, "Look, after he gives you Cass' Grace back, you can do whatever you want with him."

"Well, I'd like to kill him slowly." You suggested.

"I am like two feet from you." Metatron spoke again, you ignored it.

"Anything on the Mark of Cain?" You asked, hoping for good news on Dean.

"Every word – crystal clear." Metatron kept talking, you wanted to hurt him so badly.

"No. I mean, I've been digging for something, for anything, but... I don't know." Sam admitted.

"There's gotta be something out there. Sam, how is he?"

"I don't know why you'd want to cure that little firecracker now. He's finally interest-" you leaned back and punched Metatron in the face before he finished his sentence. "Ooh!"

"Why don't you ask him?" Sam asked, then immediately knew the answer.

"He won't tell me, not really." You said.

"Yeah, uh, no one here by that name. Sorry." Sam hung up after acting so strange.

"Sam?" You asked a few times.

"Lose reception? Or did he hang up on you?" You turned and glared at Metatron. Metatron begins laughing. "He hung up on you, didn't he?" This time Castiel punched Metatron in the face. "Ooh!"

~

You came back from the little girls room to Castiel and Metatron at a table.

"Mmmmmm! O...M...Me! Oh. Food. Glorious Food. Mmm." Metatron is eating waffles with whipped cream, strawberries, and blueberries on top messily, like he hadn't eaten ever. Which maybe he hadn't, "All the countless descriptions in so many books, but those are just words. Oh, the taste, the – the actual taste.... I had no idea. Oh. And the process. Goes in here" he gestured to his mouth, "comes out here!" He pointed to his rear, "Sorcery. I mean, you used to be human. Don't you miss all this?"