lxvi.

You were in complete and utter darkness. You couldn't see anything. But every so often the lightning would flash through the cracks. This suddenly became familiar. You started to panic. This was the cage from your visions. You recognized the dark greenish fog in the distance.. or was it close? You couldn't tell.

You felt a strong presence behind you, you turned around and saw the same man from your dream. His blue eyes flickered for you to see. Your panic was on high, all the stories they shared you didn't know what to expect. What to say.

"My daughter." He whispered, reaching out to touch your shoulder. And it calmed you. You felt calm and confused as to how. But it comforted you.

You jolted awake, scaring Dean awake from your breath being loud. As if you had been dead and just been revived.

"(Y/N)?" Dean sat up next to you, grabbing your body and pulling it closer. You shuttered into his bare chest. His skin was warm and you could hear his heartbeat and tried to focus on that, "(Y/N)? What's wrong?"

"It happened again." You explained.
And just as the last word was uttered, your clothes which was in a pile in the corner of the room, burst into flames.

"Son of a-" Dean got up, he slid his boxers back on and went to grab a fire extinguisher. He came back in a few seconds running to put it out.

"Did you do that?" He asked, "Not that I have an issue with your clothes being gone, but what the hell just happened?"

"I just had another vision. Where I was in the cage, with Michael. A-and he reached out to me and said 'my daughter.' And thats it. Then I woke up." You waited a few moments for a reaction that never came, "Do you think maybe.. God is telling me I need to go see Michael?-"

"No, I told you, that's not going to happen. Never." Dean said.

"I know you said that, but we're kind of on high stakes right now. Why would it be unreasonable that God could be sending me messages?" You asked, coming to the edge of the bed and Dean stood on the other side of the room pacing.

"Because it's crazy, okay! And it's not going to happen." Dean kept rejecting it, "How many times do I have to say that this is a horrible idea?"

"About as many as I have to say, okay then what else do we have? Listen, I'm all ears." You sat and waited, but he had no answer, "Dean, ordinarily I'd agree with you, but the visions only happen when I reach out to God. I asked him for a way to beat the Darkness and the visions keep getting more specific – and I was in the Cage."

"Yeah, with Michael. The big brother to every dousche angel to ever exist, he raised Lucifer. I know that, I've met with him personally. I mean he believes that free will doesn't exist." He said, then kneeled in front of you.

"You know, I'm sure the archangels were the biggest baddest egg hatched, until we hatched one that's even worse." You grabbed his hands, "Listen, in the vision, Michael touches me and I feel calm, like things will be all right. And that's not something I would ever come up with. I mean that is the last thing that I would ever feel around him. I never want to meet him, you know, I'm not an adopted kid who's curious about her birth parents."

"If Michael touched you, it would be the last thing you think. Ever." Dean leaned into your chest, you held him there, "Why would God even ask this of you? What proof do we have that any of this is actually real?"

"There was a burning bush." You pointed over at the clothes.

"A burning bush?" Dean gave you a side eye.

"Like in the Bible." You said, "Not really a bush but, close enough considering-"

"Considering what?" He asked, removing his head away.

"Considering you won't let me leave this place." You folded your arms. He scratched the back of his neck then placed his hands on your thighs.

"You know what? Maybe there is something to it all, maybe, and maybe there's not." He leaned into your face to hopefully end the argument, an agree to disagree. But no.

"Dean, doesn't it make sense? I mean, Michael would know how God ended the Darkness. He was there." You begged, with your eyes you looked into him. And he searched your face, licking his lips.

"Fine." Dean hung his head. Your eyes brightened.

"Fine, what? Fine you believe me or fine-" you starter, hope filling your heart.

"Fine, we'll look into it." His jaw clenched, he was so worried he could find out it's possible.

"Really?" You asked, holding onto his biceps. You were so excited that your hands started to emit light.

"Whoa, whoa. Yes, really." He took your hands off his biceps and put them at your side so he could kiss you. Instantly that calmed you, dimmed your light back to normal and you pulled him back onto the bed.

~

"God assured you of this, did he? I'd say you're making this up but I never think of you as imaginative." Crowley rolled his eyes, the shadows showed you as they danced across each of your friends faces under the spotlight.

"We're not saying it's going to happen. We just want to know..." Sam started,

"theoretically..." Dean chimed in, not wanting this to happen.

"if it's possible." Sam finished his sentence.

"The Cage is a can of worms you do not want to open. I believe this conversation is over-" Crowley prepared to snap his fingers, but you stopped him.

"Is it? Crowley, you know that the Darkness is going to kill and choke out everything and that includes you." You said, needing more answers than that.

"Yeah. And you had a shot at taking her out when she was with you, but apparently you thought that sucking up was the way to go." Sam folded his arms, on your side.

"And that didn't work out so well." You assumed the position.

"Because she chose you. And you couldn't control your girlfriend." Crowley snarled, Dean's face was panicked as he avoided your eye contact. "What happened in that room? Why did she insist on sparing you? What is she to you?"

"Wanna know what she is Crowley?" Dean defended, "How about God's sister!"

"God's sister? He has relatives?" Crowley asked, "I had that kind of leverage under my thumb and I let it slip away."

"Can we focus on the big picture here okay? Can (Y/N) meet with Michael or not?" Dean tried to switch the subject.

"In the Cage." You added, trying to control the conversation.

"No, not in the Cage." Dean corrected, looking at you, "That's not going to happen."

"Okay, then I don't meet with Michael. Because I know we can't let him out." You said, unfolding your arms. Crowley looked zoned out, as if he knew something he wasn't sharing. Dean noticed it.

"What?" Dean asked.

"There may be a way."