lxxx.

On the drive back, you sat in the middle of the backseat again. This had become your spot and you were okay with that. Ready for your interrogation to come.

"Ok, so I'm sorry—Michael offered you Heaven? Like all of Heaven?" Sam practically choked on his own tongue.

"Well I mean in return for my loyalty, power and servitude to Michaels wishes." You shrugged, looking into your lap.

"And what did you say to that deal?" Sam turned behind him to look at you.

"Um, well long story short after he blamed my mom.. who I guess wasn't even my mom, for his own failures and tried to convince me that his stance on free will had changed not to mention I was just angry at him for thinking about Heaven when Earth is literally about to fall into Darkness, I just left." You patted your hands on the back of the front seat and then set your chin on them.

"Yeah, ended up on my Baby's dash because of it." Dean rolled his eyes, "Why didn't you think to tell me any of this?"

"I wanted to Dean, but I really just wanted a couple of moments with you where we weren't arguing, okay? That's been hard to find and I really just needed to calm down." You sighed.

"She's got a point there." Sam said.

"Yeah, well next time don't leave stuff like this out, ok? You didn't mention Michael was even there." Dean gripped the steering wheel a little tighter.

"Yeah, well I don't know. I didn't want to think about that, I wanted to think about Killing Amara with the Horn of Joshua." You sighed, "Which went really great."

"By the way, what's Rowena doing with Amara?" Sam asked, squinting his eyes.

"My guess... she's playing the odds. When sucking up to Michael didn't work out, maybe she thought Amara was the best bet. Then she heard Michael had a shot, so she switched horses again." Dean said, not daring to look at you.

"I thought Michael had a shot. Apparently, uh, archangel plus God power doesn't trump God's sister. And I doubt I would've even made an extra dent in there if I could've." You beat yourself up, "I mean I swear it was like she was keeping Michael there. Because I could've ejected him so easily—"

"Nobody's blaming you (Y/N)." Dean assured you, "It's God's friggen sister."

"Either way, the Horn of Joshua is off the table now." Sam sighed.

"But if the thing has to be used by God's chosen, then maybe an archangel who got the boot doesn't qualify. Either way, horn's out of ammo, so.." Dean trailed off.

"So, back to square one." You put your forehead down.

"Yep." Dean sighed.

"Listen, um... I know I came down on the side of wanting Cas to deal with Amara, so—" Sam started talking to Dean more about something you didn't really know about.

"Well, that's what he wanted, though, right? Besides, didn't we say that we were gonna swear off getting in the way when one person makes a choice the other doesn't agree with?" Dean said, glancing at the back of your head.

"Yeah, um... Yeah, we did say that." Sam's voice trembled. There was a little pause and you lifted your head again.

"So..." You proceeded, tapping the back of the front seat.

"Okay. So, that's our policy." Sam said, glancing at you too, "All of us."

"Which sounds damn good." Dean said, and Sam chuckled. You kind of shifted uncomfortably in the tension, "Well, let's go find that idiot and bring him home."