xxxvii.

You called Sam again a bit later, nothing having been changed in the basement. You and Cass had formulated a plan. He took Rowena into a large side room while you stayed with Charlie. This was the best you could come up with until Sam got back to you.

"(Y/N), I can't stay here." Charlie whispered to you.

"I can't let you leave, I'm sorry. Sam said-" you began but she was so anxious.

"Please, Dean is my buddy and I want to help- but- but I am just climbing the walls here, man." Charlie begged, "(Y/N) you gotta let me go somewhere that doesn't smell like beer puke. You could come with me-"

"Charlie, as much as I'd like to I can't." You begged back.

"But we'll be safe! If you're around-" Charlie pleaded with you but she didn't understand.

"As hyped up on Angel juice as I am, I am not invincible." You said, "You're barely safe to be around me."

"I trust you." Charlie said. Standing straighter, "I need to do this for Dean, but I can't do it without you."

You thought about it. You wanted this to go faster, you wanted Dean to have a cure. You wanted to get out of here just as much. You sighed, Castiel was handling Rowena.

"Get your stuff." You whispered, and then headed out the door.

~

Dean came down the stairs after searching for the escaped Eldon, a member of the Stynes family that was put in charge of tracking the brothers. But that all went south for him when Sam and Dean captured Eldon in their dungeon.

"Hey. Any sign of him?" Sam asked from behind his laptop.

"Lot of signs, just no him. I followed the blood trail which, by the way, was like the Mississippi," Dean told, taking his jacket off, "till it ran dry."

"Meaning what? He bled out?" Sam asked, looking up.

"Meaning that the trail stopped. Vanished. Nada. He sure must have thought he was gonna win that one, 'cause, phew, was he gabby." Dean remembered what Eldon told him. The thing that Dean was glad to go after Eldon to escape.

"Well, I've been going through everything we have on the Frankensteins, and it's just like Eldon said." Sam said, showing the multiple screens, "I mean, 1,000 years of nasty. They made a ton mopping up the black plague. They started the 100 years war."

"You know, I thought, 'man, there's a lot of them Stynes.' You know, it's like, uh, Alpha-male central. (Y/N) would've back handed them even sooner than me." Dean starts pacing behind Sam's chair, "And then I thought, and this is key, I thought, 'this is bad, but it would really blow if these guys had the book. At least they don't have the damn book.'"

"Yeah." Sam hesitated, "Yeah."

"At least the damn book burned. Right, Sam?" Dean got close to Sam's ear, "But then, Eldon Frankenstein, he hits me with this little fun fact. He says that the book can't be destroyed. Says that it can't be sliced, diced, shredded, burned, drowned. Cannot be destroyed. Ain't that crazy? Because... I know I saw something burn." Dean waited for Sam's answer. Sam was actually sweating. Luckily for Sam, his phone starts buzzing on the table, "Sam, you answer that, so help me.."

"Hey." Sam answered the phone.

"Sam, they're gone." Castiel snitched.