xvii.

After Sam needed to be alone again. You were so angry at Dean for doing the things he did, he let you have sex with him like this. The more you thought about it the more violated you felt. You circled back into the dungeon to find the chair Dean has been sitting in empty.

Immedietly, you put your back to the wall, and pulled out the knife Sam gave you. You took the quiet time to text Sam:

Dungeon empty.

After sending it you hear a door open, and you make your way down the hall. Dean must be walking through the bunker, opening doors, seemingly looking for you and Sam.

Sam got your text and sat upright. He opens a drawer and grabs a set of keys. Dean is in the kitchen and grabs a hammer. Always with the hammer.

"Come on, Sammy! Don't you want to hang out with your big brother? Spend a little quality time?" You heard Dean call out. You calmed down a bit, maybe he wouldn't hurt you.

Sam uses the keys to unlock the door to the control room. Dean comes walking down a hall. He kicks a door in, the door to his bedroom.

"(Y/N), darlin'. You've been sleeping in my bed? Without me?" You heard him yell, you could hear the amusement in his voice. All you wanted was to be with Sam right now. Dean scared you so much.

Sam must've flipped a switch and the lights suddenly shut off, leaving red lights flashing as an alarm begins to sound.

"Smart, guys! Locking the place down." Dean yelled over the initial alarm, when it stopped he continued, "Doors won't open. I get it. But here's the thing: I don't want to leave! Not 'til I find you!"

Dean heard a clatter in the distance and goes walking down the hall. Not caring if it was you or Sam. It was you. You ran to the front of the bunker, knowing Dean was somewhere in the halls and that his pace was walking.

The clatter was a wrench that fell as you fit yourself into a hiding place in the front room. You hid inside a work desk that was hollowed out as a cabinet

  "You guys just making this worse for yourself! Oh, by the way, you can, uh... blame yourselves for me getting loose. All that blood you pumped into me to make me human..." you heard him walk into the room. "Well. The less demon I was, the less the cuffs worked. And that Devil's Trap? Well, I just walked right across it. It smarted, but still."

Dean opened a drawer of your desk, you held your breath. You could hear the slide of the drawer above you as you tried your best to keep the cabinet shut. You held your knife up just in case. He slammed the drawer back when he realized whatever he was looking for wasn't there. And he walks off in the other direction. Soon enough, he turned the power back on.

You hear a door shut and locked. You emerged from your hiding place, hoping it was Dean locked away.

"Listen to me, Dean!" You hear Sam loud and clear, so you follow the sound of his voice. "We were getting close, okay? I know you're still in there somewhere. Just let me finish the treatments."

"Dean?" You hear Sam say as you turn the corner. Sam is standing with his ear to the door, and knife up.

The door bangs. Sam and you jump back as the door begins to splinter. Sam made sure to stand in front of you but you insisted on standing beside him. You both watched as the door begins to break from the hammer Dean is wielding.

"You act like I want to be cured!" Dean continues using his hammer, until he can look through the door at you guys. You felt like this was the Shining, "Personally, I like the disease."

"Dean, stop that!" You yelled.

"Oh, is the little princess scared now? Still want me in chains, huh? That excites you?" Dean made his remark then went back to slamming the hammer.

"Look, I don't want to use this blade on you!" Sam begged.

"That sucks for you, doesn't it? 'Cause you really mean that!" Dean made a pouty face for Sam, then quickly rolled his eyes.

"Look, if you come out of that room, we won't have a choice!" You spoke up, showing your own blade.

"Sure you will! And I know which one you'll make. Isn't that right, Sammy? But see ... Here's the thing: I'm lucky. Oh, hell, I'm blessed! 'Cause there's just enough demon left in me that killing you? Ain't no choice at all." As Dean breaks down the door, Sam grabs your wrist and goes running down the hall. Dean pushes a hand through his hair, then walks after you both.

"Sammy?" He calls after. "Come on, Sammy! Let's have a beer, talk about it. I'm tired of playing. Let's finish this game!"

You're breathing hard, both you and Sam keep your back up against the wall. He chances a look down the hall. Dean was on the other side, he swung the hammer at Sam's head. Ducking just in time, Sam avoided getting his head smashed in, and Dean instead lodged his weapon into the wall. You reacted on instinct, pushing your knife against Dean's throat. Dean smiles.

"Well.." Dean was smug, letting go of the hammer, "Look at you. Do it. It's all you."

A million thoughts raced through your mind. You couldn't do it. Sam was standing behind you, wondering if you would or not, if he wanted you to because he couldn't. You kept your knife there, your hand shaking. He was a good man, maybe he wasn't innocent right now. But who was? If there was a way to get back the real Dean, a good man, that's the blood on your hands you could never wash away.

So you let the knife fall, and Dean smiles as his eyes go black. He takes a step towards you and his hammer. You stared as his true face was shown to you, morphed and dark. Until he was grunting, arms had suddenly come around him.

"It's over." The man who held him said, his eyes glowed a bright blue. "Dean, it's over."

Dean begins to yell, and the man just holds him. This man was so bright, he gave a radiating presence of righteousness.

"It's over." Sam repeated behind you, grabbing your shoulder. You declined the comfort and had to walk away. All of this was too much.

~

Dean is once again strapped to the chair, and Sam pulls a needle from his arm. There are needle marks on Dean's arm now. Dean is slumped over, head hanging.

"What the hell are we doing to him, Cas? I mean, even after I gave him all that blood, he still said he didn't want to be cured, that he didn't want to be human." You heard Sam say as you walked down the hall.

"Well... I see his point. You know, only humans can feel real joy, but ... also such profound pain. This is easier." The man who you assumed to be Cass said. You stood in the doorway now, silently watching.

Dean woke up, and his eyes are black. You move forward into the dungeon, you wouldn't let this happen again. The black dissipates, as you unscrew the flask of holy water from the table. Dean looks up to Sam and Cas, groaning and letting out a breath.

"You look worried, fellas." Dean said, looking at his friends. You came from hiding around Sam and splashed holy water on Dean's face, and Dean looked up at you when nothing happened. You smiled.

"Welcome back, Dean."