xxxiv.

"I was foolish, selfish. I should've just killed him. Who knows what he'll do with that tablet." Cass paced, expressing his anxieties to you and Sam again in the bunker.

"Well, you know what, Cas? You got your Grace back." You said, annoyed to think everything wasn't worth it.

"You're back. You did the right thing." Sam pitched in.

"You did the right thing. That book needed to be destroyed." Castiel turned to Sam. Sam had just told us about what happened with Dean and the Book of the Damned, "We will find another way, Sam."

The door opens and a woman enters carrying two plastic bags. She heads down the stairs.

"We're back, bitches!" She suddenly sees you and Castiel. "Whoa! Is that who I think it is?

"Charlie, Cass and (Y/N). (Y/N) and Cass, Charlie." Sam introduces you guys, Charlie hugs Castiel.

"I thought you'd be shorter." She put the bags on the table. Sam grabs the bags.

"I'm gonna get these to the fridge." Sam left you to yourself. Charlie hugged you next, she then held onto your shoulders to check you out.

"Jesus, Dean said you were hot but damn." Charlie said, excitedly.

"Thank you." You laughed, interestedly hoping that Dean was talking about you out of his own free will, not because he was having relations with her. You had no idea Charlie was a girl.

"Heard you got your mojo back." She turned back to Castiel.

"Yes, my – my Grace, it's – it's been restored." Cass said, trying his best at human interaction.

"So, can't you just – you know... cure Dean?" Charlie hoped.

"Unfortunately, that's beyond my power." Castiel drooped his shoulders.

"Not even you?" She turned back to you, "Aren't you supposed to be like one of the most powerful centennial beings?"

"If I could I'd have already done it. It's not that simple." You clenched your jaw, wishing there was some way to help Dean.

"Oh. Never is, is it?" She shook her head, knowingly, "Do you think you could do anything about my carpal tunnel?" You placed two fingers on Charlie's forehead. You healed her wrist and her bullet wound, Charlie twisted her wrists, "Is that it?"

"Your carpal tunnel and your bullet wound should be healed now." You smiled, that was your favorite ability. "You may want to continue wearing your wrist brace at night, though."

"Did we just become best friends?" Charlie punched your arm, you liked her. Dean comes in the front door carrying pizza boxes.

"Hey, look who decided to show." Dean walked down the stairs, you watched him. You missed him so much. "So? You're back? 100%? How did that happen?" He asked Cass as he placed the food on the table. Sam entered the room.

"Um, it was Hannah. She managed to get the location of the remainder of my Grace out of Metatron." Castiel made up the lead source.

"Awesome. I told you we were due for a win." Dean moved to pat Cass' shoulder. "Good to have you back, pal."

"What about me?" You asked for Dean's attention.

"I know, Dean. You don't give your girlfriend any love, I will." Charlie spoke up, confused by your lack of affections.

"Oh, well, we- we aren't- we haven't- you know- um-" he back tracked a bit, the once cocky smirk replaced by a submissive and yikes face. You guys had never agreed fully on what you were. With Dean's playboy past, it was going to be hard for him to adjust to that idea. You were just, you know, monogamously caring for each other romantically and spending all your time together. But you still didn't like his reaction.

"Oh, really?" Charlie smiled, "So you don't mind if I take a shot?"

"Well, I-uh-" Dean stuttered, patting his back jean pockets uncomfortably twitching. You tried to look for a way away from this uncomfortable conversation, "I'd like to see you try."

"Maybe another time." You weakly smiled, "I'm hungry."

"Yes, I'm starving!" Sam followed you out of the awkward conversation to sit at the table.

~

Few hours after dinner you laid in bed, alone. Eating your favorite chips and watching your favorite show on Netflix. Bit disappointed that this wasn't exactly what you imagined your first night being back around Dean. But maybe you guys were just destined to be best friends? Some soulmates are best friends? Maybe you don't need to be together. Even though you'd really like to.

You got up to go pee, walking down the hall you passed Dean's room. Inside you heard a woman's laughter. Which made you stop outside his door. You couldn't help waiting, you had to hear more. Your hearing felt heightened, it was like you were Superman.

"Dean, seriously, dude. Why aren't you running over into her bed right now?" It was Charlie's voice, "She's not just some girl. If I had a woman that looked like that, look at me the way she looks at you, I'd jump her bones any chance I get. You shouldn't even be talking to me right now."

"But that's the whole deal. She's not like every other girl. I don't know how to do that." Dean said, "I tried doing that with Lisa and Ben, and I just- Sam and I- with what we do-"

"Don't pull out that bullshit. Have you noticed that she's got a bit of ammo and kick ass attitude. She's not even like Lisa: she doesn't have a kid, she's already in the life, hell, she was literally born into it." Charlie fought for you. She was really doing well as your best friend.

"She just found out her ex-fiancé died because some cupid killed him. And that she is the daughter of some deadbeat Angel. I doubt the next thing she wants is me complicating things anymore." Dean began a rant. You couldn't listen any longer. If he didn't want to be together, fine. You could move on, you both had enough in your life to preoccupy you. You left to cuddle back into the sheets of your warm bed after peeing. But Charlie wasn't having it.

"Are you kidding me? No, Dean, she doesn't need you complicating things. What she needs is for you to make it easier. She's got so much to worry over, the last thing she needs is the extra dose of wow I guess this guy, You, whom I've dropped my whole life for, doesn't like me. Your problem is that you never think the people in your life need you, when they really need you the most." Charlie expressed. Dean was shocked to hear it, "Go over there and comfort that girl."

Dean thought about it. Was he really making a mistake by not being with you? He had always taught himself: don't get involved, everything you love is in danger. His subconscious holds him back from love. From you. Truth was, you were everything he wanted. And you were hurting and he isn't there for you. When all you ever did was be there for him.

"She really is great isn't she?" He reflected. He wiped his face, dragging his cheeks down with his shame and self-pity.

"She's already become my best friend." Charlie smiled, laughing, "You deserve someone great, Dean. You can't just shut yourself off from everyone because a few bad relationships."

"It's more than that, I mean, I've got this thing on my arm-" Dean started.

"That's not going to stay there forever. I mean the girl is a ticking time bomb with angel power. You guys are practically a match made in Heaven, you practically cancel each other out." Charlie shut him down, "I know I'm just a nerd, but I know women. And you didn't tell me everythig about her because she's a good co-worker. She needs you."

Dean didn't say anything, he knew she was right. As much as he didn't think he deserved the amount of greatness that is you, he wanted to try and be the person you deserve. He grabbed the door handle.

"May the Force be with you." Charlie nodded as he opened the door.

"Thanks, Charlie." Dean left to go knock on your door.