lxiv.

Dean walked away from Sam who was going to deal with a demon attacker and down a hall into Amara's room without a second thought. Amara is sitting at a desk filing her nails. As Dean enters the room she smiles and raises her head.

"I knew you'd come." Amara stood from her desk, Dean was awestruck. She had gotten so much older. Maybe 17, 18? He didn't know. But that feeling came back in the pit of his stomach. Like something was blossoming inside of him. Amara looked up at him, getting closer and closer to the man she admired.

"I'm sorry, Amara." He apologized, closing his eyes sharply.

"For what?" Amara cocked her head like a confused puppy.

"What I have to do." Dean swallowed, clenching his jaw. He gripped his demon knife harder as she saw it.

"Hello, Dean." Crowley was behind him in the doorway. Dean whipped around in time for Crowley to fling him into a mirror which shatter from the collision.

"My girl's growing up." Crowley was a cocky son of a bitch while he walked in, pinning Dean to the wall. "Should have known it wouldn't be long before the boys came sniffing around."

"Aah!" Dean yelled in attempt to unparalyze his limbs, "What do you want with her, Crowley? What, you think you can use her, control her? You're an idiot."

"I'm not trying to control her. I'm helping her to realize her fullest potential." Crowley corrected, then extended his hand which attracted the Demon blade to his grasp, "Do you know how disturbing it was to realize that I couldn't bring myself to kill you? I've had tons of chances over the years, some you don't even know about, but, still... I made my peace with it, embraced my softer side, learned to accept that there was just too much going on between you and I –bromance."

Dean's eyes widen in surprise. Crowley continues to grow closer to Dean, knife pointed for emphasis, "But you know what? I think I am gonna kill you today. I feel different somehow, ready. What can I say? Fatherhood changes a man."

Amara stepped behind Crowley and hits him in the back of the head with a blunt object. Crowley yelped, stumbled and then turns around to face Amara. Amara held out her hand towards the Demon knife. Crowley's hand shakes and he drops the knife. Amara flicks her hand and Crowley's wrist bends backward, snapping. She then flings him into the wall, pinning him there. Dean was let go from the wall.

"Why, Amara?" Crowley asked, pleading, "I thought we had an understanding."

"Yeah. Your promise to protect me. And, then, hours later, I'm assaulted in my own room." Amara pointed out.

"Well, you don't seem terribly upset by it." Crowley choked out.

"That's not the point." Amara shook her head, "I've decided I don't need your protection, and I certainly don't need your captivity."

She began burning the inside of Crowley's throat. He would gasp for cool air. Yelp and screetch and Amara would watch on with no concern or remorse.

"I'm done."

~

  "Who do you have to thank for how angry you are, how lost?" Metatron asked, still boldly taunting you. You punched his chest, breaking a rib and throwing him onto a workbench. You walk towards Metatron, grab him again and kick him in the side. Then banged him against the bench again to start talking.

Instead of talking though you were crippled. Every time you blinked, images were projected onto your eyelids.

"You're welcome." Metatron smiled above you.