"The last time there was a smiting of this magnitude, Lot's wife turned to salt." Cass said. And it was clear he wouldn't be turning into literal salt today.

"Awesome." He sighed. Groaning as the pain in his stomach grows heavier.

"Alright Dean, you need to go back." Cass helped his friend up, "Go find (Y/N)."

"But we gotta... we gotta go see if it worked... see if Amara is alive or dead." Dean also insisted.

"We don't. The fallout doesn't affect angels. I'll go in alone." He insisted and Dean wasn't in the mood to argue.

"Okay, ya, it's probably better that way. I've gotta and go find (Y/N) anyways. Because that is who matters to me." Dean insisted. Cass was confused but went along with it.

"Right. Good." He said, elongating his vowels.

"Hey Cass? If it did work and she is dead, bring her body out." Dean had one last request for her.

"And if she's not?" Cass asked, wondering what choice he may make. Cass could tell the struggle Dean was feeling. But Dean instead thought of the Angels Amara smited without a bat of an eye.

"Run."

~

In your backyard you watched as you and Duke played a stupid trivial game. You remembered this, too. You pulled a card that Duke had no recollection of.

"So, the Aztec priests... they thought if they didn't sacrifice people the whole world would end. So they built all of these temples. The most amazing ones are in Mexico City." Younger you explained.

"You've seen them?" Duke's voice came out loud and clear and already you wanted to cry.

"No.. but my mom showed me pictures. I've always wanted to go. I haven't been outside of Minnesota, I don't think." Younger you explained, kind of embarrassed.

"No way? Not even on vacation?" He asked.

"Summer school didn't exactly have vacations, unless you count going to the farmers market with mom." You smiled. Michael leaned against the fence, enjoying the show. You couldn't help but stare, admiring how simple things were.

"Look at you; the simple girl from the one-stoplight town. Or at least thats what he thought. Since he was the big shot coming home from college to see his old bestie." He wiggled his eyebrows in a way that made you uncomfortable. He killed your vibe.

"Yeah, why are you...?" You started but trailed off since he started pointing.

"Wait, wait: this is what I want you to watch." Michael pointed.

"Duke, I love our afternoon trivia. But, um, theres been something on my mind and I just.. I didn't invite you over for trivia." Younger you fiddled with your fingers.

"You didn't?" Duke was confused and excited.

"No." You admitted. "I mean, I just, for a while now- I've always thought that you're smart and funny... and cute... so.." You leaned in and kissed him across the picnic table.

"There! That's what I'm talking about right there." Michael said, the most excited you'd seen him.

"Kissing?" You were disgusted and took a step away from him.

"What? No. This is the (Y/N) (Y/L/N) that I heard about. Bold. Decisive. Courageous." He listed.

"What is this about?" You wouldn't stand for his back handed compliments.

"You were meant to be a hero, (Y/N). You've always had the qualities. Now... I look at you and I'm disappointed." Michael's words stung.

"You were never the one I wanted to impress."

~

Dean's phone rings as he pulls up outside the bunker, and he sees the number 666.

"You son-of-a-bitch." Dean answered, immediately. Sam walked outside.

"Miss you too, puddin'." Crowley charmed on the other side of the phone.

"Where are you? Where's (Y/N)?" Dean asked, not caring for small talk.

"Ah, there was a bit of a hiccup. Your girlfriend is in Hell, with Michael."

~

Suddenly your scenery changed to a different location.

"Stull Hospital." You read the sign. Of course you recognized it.

"I know; where your mother lost her fight with leukemia." Michael nodded. It was so hard, you didn't even want to walk in. You were transported to just outside the room. You couldn't even look in the window.

"Look, I appreciate the stroll down memory lane, but-" you resisted, but Michael was relentless.

"(Y/N), have I ever told you how much I respect you?" Michael interrupted.

"What?" You squinted, everything he said you hated.

"In this moment, even without your powers, you had the courage to do the hard thing. You sat there with your mother as she died. That takes character." Michael admired the memory you refused to watch, "That's what a hero is."

"But that's not you anymore. Instead you run away from your problems now." He continued on, getting into your head.

"Eat me." You let out, muscles and body still stiff just from his presence. You hated that there was a part of you that even considered listening.

"Not yet? One more then."