"Oh--uh." Sam hesitated, nervous about your reaction, "Look, um, Dean was there. Like, right there. When I broke down that door, I didn't see Dean being overpowered. Not physically at least."

"What are trying to say?" You asked, folding your arms.

"I'm saying -- Amara could be trying to seduce him." He sighed, biting the inside of his cheek. You didn't know how to react. "And I'm not saying you should be worried about how he feels about you or anything, I'm saying it's-- it's dangerous. Because I've never seen Dean not be able to kill something he feels so passionately about killing."

"I--I don't-- Um." You kept blinking, trying to understand, "So all this time he has these visions or hallucinations of her it's been.. I don't even wanna say it."

"He doesn't mean to. This isn't Dean. This is God's sister. I don't know why she decided on Dean but -- I don't know everything but I just know we need to watch him, okay?" Sam checked. But you stayed quiet, just thinking. Was this why Dean was so hell bent on finding her? Is this why you two were growing distant again? "(Y/N)?"

"I'm fine. But, um, can you go? I think I just need some time to myself." You asked.

"Yeah, let me know if you need anything." Sam rubbed his side and left quietly.

"And Sam?" You caught him before he shut the door and he poked his head back in, "Make sure Dean knows, too."

~

Times had never been more difficult for you. You couldn't stand not doing anything about it. So you sat your hands at the edge of your bed, leaning against it from kneeling on the floor. You began to pray.

"So, uh... on the off chance that you're actually listening, uh... Uh, I gotta be real honest. The visions aren't making a whole lot of sense to me. Truth is... I don't know what's what. Please. What are you trying to say?"

"Really?" Dean's voice made you jump, "I mean, really?"

"You ever hear of privacy?" You turned around, already still mad at him.

"Hey, you want privacy, close your door." Dean said, motioning to your open door, "Which it wouldn't need to if you were sleeping in my room."

"I can't believe you'd think I'd want to share a bed with you. After how you've been acting recently." You pushed past him and walked down the hall. Dean obviously couldn't leave it and followed you.

"Thought we talked about this." Dean continued, "The whole God thing."

"Yeah, we did. But why is it so hard to believe that God could be sending me visions about the Darkness?" You asked, raising your shoulders.

"You kidding me? He didn't feel the need to show up for the Apocalypse. Why would he give a crap now?" Dean debated you, looking down at you he realized how much he missed you in any context. Even this he liked. You cleared his head, challenged him.

"I don't know. Maybe because she's his sister?" You said, "What do you wanna do? Sit back? Ignore him? Do nothing?"

"No, that's -- that's not what I'm saying." He sighed, stopping you in the library, "I'm saying, don't count on God. Okay? Count on us."

"Right." You turned away from him to see the folder on the table, "Oh, this is everything Cas dug up in Gaza, every last bit of prebiblical lore." Dean hummed while reading it and you continued on, "Half of it I couldn't read. It's in Aramaic but I'm workin' on it. And the other half... Nada. Not a single mention of the darkness, so..."

You watched him read it. Contemplating your next move. Just watching him be so unphased by this made you upset. This whole situation was so real and you didn't know how to make him understand.

"Dean." You brought his attention back to you, "I keep praying to God because if it is God -- and I know you think it isn't, but if it is -- then he's showing me something I don't know what to do with."

"What?" Dean asked.

"He keeps showing me this cage." You explained.

"What kind of cage? Like a kennel?" He pushed you further, tucking the folder under his arm.

"Kinda? I don't know. It's suspended in the air and has this man with glowing eyes inside of it." You said.

"What color?" Dean asked, his mood shifting.

"Blue." You told and Dean hung his head, wanting to rub out a kink in his neck, "Dean, tell me."

"That's Michael's cage." He said. And it all made sense.

"Ok." You shook your head, "Is there some way I can talk to him?"

"(Y/N), no. No, okay. I don't know if these visions are coming from God or PBS or what. But Sammy and I've been down that road. Anything having to do with that cage is -- it -- it's suicide. So, no. Just... Not gonna happen." You saw his eyes when he was talking and you didn't know what it was but you were exhausted with fighting with him. You knew what this fight would mean. You could either keep fighting and ruin your relationship, or stop fighting and just be with him for a while. And you were tired.

"Okay." You said, as if it were your last breath. Dean took a chance and touched your face, pushing the hair from your face and kissing your forehead.

"Thank you."