50. Bitter sweet endings

It was a month after our marriage and Reet looked healthy. Our twins were going to make an appearance in the next three months. I couldn't be happier. But Ram keep and my mother's help the guy who manages all her business had gone absconding the day we got married.

They had wanted me and Reet to be out of the picture and would have upsurped our property. I was tied up with too much work and had to go to Punjab on every weekend to work. My mother had mellowed down. She understood our love but often asked me the need to procreate without marriage. I would have to go silent every time she asked. She was already knitting like a possessed woman. It would be winters when they would be born. Reet's parents were still to come through and somehow it would take time.

Ishani and Neil got hitched too. Life was almost perfect when I recieved a call from the police station. Ram jee had been caught and was talking like a parrot. Apparently his daughter was married to mom's aide who was now being tortured by her in-laws as Ram jee had failed in his biggest task. Killing me. Reet had made him go slower. He blamed her for his unhappiness. The people in Faridabad too had refused to kill us, much to his angst. And now his daughter had been left behind as they all were running off to Canada.

The police would soon find them all. Ranveer was still a visitor every now and then, he had accepted the fact that Reet would never be his and was finally dating his very hot co-star.