Chapter 8: Cocktail

Ohh! I have decided the hottie Ranveer Singh is Ranbir in my story. Tall, dark and sexy! Just as I like :)

SID'S POV

Next morning when I woke up with a pounding headache my jealousy towards Reet and kissing her came flooding back. I knew being drunk was a cheap excuse but that was the only way I could face myself.

I could smell the heavy incense sticks which meant maa was up. I wanted to call Reet and apologise but it felt awkward.

"Beta you up?" I'm sure maa had checked a million times already. "Yes maa. Good morning." I got up and went to touch her feet reeling because this was too much movement. "Live long my son, take this" she handed me a piece of paper with a number.

"I took Shruti's number for you. Call her right now," she looked at me expectantly. I couldn't say no, I went to get my phone and called the number. Shruti's soft voice greeted me, "hello?" "Hey Shruti, Sid here. Mom just gave me your number." "Hello Sid ji. How are you? Did you sleep well?" I cringed. I hated the what did you eat, sleep conversation most couples had. "Yes, yes and you?" Mom was listening to the whole conversation without even flinching!

"I'm good. Just had breakfast. You going for work?" "Yes I'm late actually." I looked at the time and then my mother's disapproving stare. "Tell her to meet you at 5. She can pick your new car with us." I'm sure Shruti heard it already. "I'll come." "Cool" I replied and promised to send her the address and tell her the time. When I kept the phone down maa was staring at me.

"What's it maa?" Clearly today was not going to be peaceful. "Beta you have to be nicer to her. She is your wife to be. I hated to be reminded and I promptly replied back, " maa she is practically a stranger I will marry at some point." My retort had her fuming and I could see the mood shift. "I'm going to get ready for work. See you later," I turned before she made any requests.

I was late and I knew that it was a slim chance that I might find Reet at home.

REET'S POV
As I rushed to book my cab I was surprised that Sid had not called me or even messaged me a simple sorry. I was in a mix of emotions, was Sid that I wanted or was the kiss the after effect of not sleeping with Ranbir?

I was clearly smitten by the star but Sid made me light up like a firecracker. I was so annoyed that I skipped coffee. It was a terrible start to my day. I rushed to work to fill the report from last night. I noticed a red eyed Lata clearly nursing a hangover. I went to my cubicle and kept my bag and decided to grab a cup of coffee and some biscuits from the office stash.

I kept my head low and decided to finish the report when the girls around me started ohhing and ahha-ing. I looked up to see Ranbir standing next to my desk wearing a blue v neck tee and denims that highlighted his taut body. He had a pair of aviators to hide his eyes and a bunch of pink roses in his hand. I blushed.

"Hello Ranbir. Here to meet someone?" I tried keeping my tone professional but my heart hammered in my chest. How many girls would kill to be in my place right now. "Reet, I realised since you decided we can give this a chance. How about a coffee date?" He gave me a goofy grin and handed me the roses. The people around us cheered while some clicked photos. I smiled back shyly and told him to wait in the meeting room.

I knocked at my boss's office, "Niharika you there?" "Yes dear come in. Also there is a stunner who created come commotion to meet you. Do you want to go and take a break?" Niharika always knew what her employees wanted. I smiled, mumbled a thanks and looked down at my thin black cotton tee, black Zara leggings, red converse and long plaited hair. The only accessory I had on was my solitaire earrings which I almost wore. I looked shabby to go out with a superstar. I headed to my cubicle stopping at Ishani's and picking her heavy phulkari duppata. I applied some red gloss, picked my aviators, and my bag.

I headed to the conference room to meet Ranbir, I bumped into a grumpy looking Sid, "Reet! Thank god I met you. I wanted to talk about last night." Before I could reply, I saw Ranbir poking his head out if the conference room, "Reet! You ready?" I saw Sid retreat but I wanted to talk to him. Confused I saw Ranbir was holding his hand out for me. I went and held his hand and we walked out of the office smiling at each other.

"So where do we go Mr star?" I smiled at Ranbir. "We can continue last night or maybe have coffee and understand each other," he flashed me a smile.

SID'S POV
It clearly was not my day. All the way I formulated an apology for Reet and when I saw her she did not even hear what I had to say, all she wanted was to run away with that film star.

She did not care and honestly it was the spur of the moment. I dived into work and looked up to see when it was 4 o'clock and I knew mom would be here any moment. I saw a smiling Reet enter office with lots of cat calls and hooting. She kept her head down but I could see the blush on her cheeks.