Chapter 3: Worries

As soon as I entered work I saw prim perfect Ishani come over to hug me, I considered her competition initially, but she was my bestie now. "Reet!" "Ishani what's up?"

"Salary day Reet Salary day!" She went on about spending and shopping. Now as sensible as I was I usually sent 70% of my pay check back home to my parents in Banglore. They were old, I was a late surprise in their lives, and hence a single child.

But Ishani's spirit caught on, "okay I will come shopping with you." "But on one condition Reet, do not buy more blacks," she pouted. Ishani was technically a grown up child we all had adopted as our own. "Sure, I need something for the office party."

I saw Sid come towards me, "OMG," he said gesticulating like a girl, "Reet going shopping!" "Shut up Sid" I hit on his shoulder. I was working hard, the next party by our office was for a footwear brand and coordinating usually tired me. But I wanted my appraisal and hopefully a position hike, which would happen in December.

Someone tapped on my shoulder, "coffee" Sid said in a voice so sensuous that I quivered. Like he was offering himself. I sighed and turned, "sure Sid." Taking my bright pick Drink Me cup, I turned back without chatting. "Busy bee I got the coffee so you would chill out and talk to me." "Sid kaam hai. The party is tomorrow I have to make sure this hot shot Ranbir Singh attends the event or my life is jacked. I have to pick him at 4 tomorrow, take care of his starry tantrums and make sure he reaches the event fuss free at 7." I was beyond stressed, film stars always posed a threat. The could throw a tantrum, unreasonable demands, or get a crew so big that accommodating their needs kills you.

Suddenly I felt Sid was rubbing my shoulders. "Relax Reet" he whispered. I don't know why I felt this need to give Reet an impromptu shoulder massage but I felt how tense she was now. Touching her was driving me insane with wild thoughts in my office. This was not good. But seeing her stressed was no fun. Thankfully my phone rang, i had kept it next to her, I reached for it, and at the same time Reet turned, my hand held her bust and I dropped my hand as my breathing went heavy. This was awkward. "S-sorry," I mumbled and went out to the office balcony with my phone. I needed the air to clear my mind.

What just happened was beyond awkward. Thankfully our cubicles were in the corner and no one saw the way he touched my bust. Involuntarily my back had arched when he touched me. What a loose character was I. I sipped my coffee and went to Ishani's cubicle.