48. Freedom

Sid's POV
Ishani came as dawn neared. She came early and as the car stopped I knew it was Ish. But I was scared that if all did not go well, these people might hurt her. For the thousandth time since the night I thought why had Reet called her? But then she had the phone and the decision to make. I was thankful Ishani had picked. But there was not many I could trust, Ishani was probably our only bet.

Telling Neil would mean my mom would know. And somehow I knew this was my mom's doing. What would I do when we returned? Where shall we stay? Whom shall I trust? I decided to go with the flow Reet mattered right now. I would think about the next step once we were free. And as Ishani knocked the door, I wanted to go hug her and cry out loud. It was getting difficult to act macho at this stage.

My fragile looking Reet opened that heavy bolted wooden door, which I promised was the hardest thing she would do once we were out of here. As Ishani tepidly walked in, she was followed by a stunning red haired woman, I had met her somewhere but right now it did not matter.

Ishani was trying to talk to me with her eyes and started taking these weird men outside, near the car. She tried to make a scuffle and the next thing I knew we were all riding away. Away from a place so close to our city and still do tied up in customs. I felt a soon escape me and soon we were all crying. I could not differentiate if these tears were loneliness, pain, happiness or the fact that our future scared me.

We all went to Reet's old house, a figure was already on his way. "We need to talk Sid," Ishani called outside the jubilant environment of the room with our friends and the doctor who have Reet medicine and a diet chart. We had to meet him tomorrow to see our child in the ultrasound and if all was okay.

"Ishani, I can never thank you enough," I hugged her hard. I was going to be grateful for the rest of our lives. "Not yet Sid, you need to prove you love my friend." I was puzzled. "Ish we were trooping on that little house on that forsaken village. What else proof do you need?"

I was confused. "Marry Reet." I smiled at Ishani. "Of course that is what will happen eventually. Once I have cleared our names and stuff at the police station. The lawyer is coming right?" As much as I hated to take favors I was not in a position to offer money.