Chapter 11. Trailed

Hello darlings, the one update a day promise still stands. Here's the next one! Please vote and comment.

REET'S POV
The next morning I got up early, I was jittery and had barely slept last night. Ranbir called me at precisely 6 AM. "Hello love, I have the first papers and they have not identified you yet." I took a deep breath, "good morning Ranbir, this is good news."

"They always find out Reet, honestly that's why I'm skeptical of relationships. The ones who want me are usually the girls willing to sell their soul to the press too. With you something clicked, I know you won't sell me out." He was serious as he talked. "Ranbir what do I do next?" I was scared of the media frenzy. "Come with me to London for the next shooting schedule and see if you like me more than friends," he was teasing me, again.

"No ways, let us see, if our friendship survives this nonsense. Bye for now Ranbir." I smiled and looked out. The sun was rising, I made some coffee, picked today's paper and went to sit on the bright yellow bean bag in the balcony. I took out the entertainment section and saw my photo sitting with Ranbir, I looked nice, the photo must be clicked when we decided to hug and become friends. The article below shocked me, "just leaked photos of Bollywood superstar Ranbir show him making out with an unknown pretty girl. We are on the lookout for more info about her. Wish Ranbir would clear the air."

I messaged Sid to ask if he could have breakfast with me. He could get me some bagels for my awesome coffee.

I took a deep breath and called mom to inform no one was to utter a word and we were not making out.

SID'S POV

I was saying my good byes to mom and telling her I would come over this weekend when I got Reet's message. I told the house help to make some bagels and pack a tiffin. "Should I send it to Reet jee" he was smirking and I glared at him. I dressed up and picked my lunch and the breakfast hamper and went to Reet's. Reet was wearing a black kurta with denims and her blood red lips. She looked as pretty. But why couldn't the girl ever wear a bright colour? "Morning Reet! Coffee?" I said my customary greeting and kept the breakfast on the marble countertop.

"What's for food Sid?" She opened the tiffin. "Sid bagels, sausages, and methi parantha? What's wrong with you?" I looked up from my coffee making, "that must be by chance" I replied cringing at my house help. Reet took out a bagel, spread some cream cheese on it when I realised, "actually the parantha is for you Reet. Eat some healthy food, honestly you hardly eat good wholesome things." She made a face and picked the parantha and had a bite. Then grabbed her coffee, bagel and before I could call her she was standing outside in the balcony. Before I could join her she came back inside her face looked worried and bewildered. "Reet what's wrong? Loved the parantha too much?" I stopped smiling looking at her face, "Sid they are here."

"They?" I failed to understand, Reet whispered, "paparazzi." "Ohh shit! I quickly packed the tiffins as Reet grabbed an overnighter and stuffed it with assorted black clothes and some colourful night suits. She truly was weird.

Reet quickly wore her usual black attire and big glasses and we went to my car, as we rushed to my house I realised this was the first time any woman, will stay with me. I was glad it was Reet.

REET'S POV
My world had truly turned upside down, I was running away from my life because of a man. I had decided this well never happen again but maybe life came in circles and mine would always be about running away for men. I looked at Sid who was worried and now that foolish coffee break with Ranbir seemed the biggest mistake.

It was awkward when we reached at Sid's. I had forgotten about the fact that Sid has a house help and it might not be comfortable for him. "Sid you know I can take a cab to Ishani's." I stopped speaking as I did not want to sound unreasonable. "I mean your mother might not like it," I mentally kicked myself for these words.

He looked at me with a smile, "maa has no right to interfere. You are now my responsibility Reet," I don't know why I felt so touched but I started crying. "I'm no one's responsibility Sid, I can handle myself," I was angry I did not understand at whom. Myself for falling in this crap? Sid for trying to help? Ranbir for his wretched coffee date.

What do you think is Reet's past? Do you think running to Sid's was a same decision?

This has taken quite a bit but I wanted the perfect Sid, Abhay Deol is now Sid :)

Ohh and Kirti Sanon will be our Reet!