19. His mad mind

Reet's PoV

The bell rang and I was sure it was my food. I collected the 120 rupees and went out to see Sid smiling like an idiot. " Reet my Darling," he slurred. "Something was wrong. Very wrong. This was not his usual behaviour. I opened the door and he staggered inside, hugging me. "I have figured it out." I took him in.

Handling him a glass of water, I asked, "what have you figured out?" "Us" he smiled as my smile froze. "Us?" Animatedly he told me his offer of a relationship without any future. As much as I hated his idea but his enthusiasm for us together was addictive. I made him a harsh coffee, much like what my answer would seem to him. "Have your coffee and go home Sid," I told him softly.

The bell rang and I went to get my food, when I came back Sid was out cold. The coffee lying in front of him. I ate my food and decided he could sleep on the diwan in the drawing room. I pulled him up and helped him on the bed, took of his shoes, socks and kept aside his keys and wallet.

He looked so innocent sleeping like a baby. I kissed him on the lips and went to my room. If only he was not engaged. Committed men were trouble, no matter what they say. I turned off the lights and slept.

"Reet?" Someone whispered in my ear. I looked around scared, remembering Sid was here. "Sid? You okay?" I got up. I need some disprin my head is killing me. I got up and went to search for the medicine box. As he had his disprins and water I couldn't help but feel bad, the poor guy had all the alcohol to tell me a way out. "Sleep here Sid?" He looked at me unsure. "I will keep an eye on your health. That's all," I cleared the stance.

The next morning, I showered and made his coffee and placed it on the Sid table, "Sid get up. Its morning." "Reet" he mumbled and rubbed his eyes. "I'm sorry for last night."

"Its okay Sid", I replied feeling disappointed. It was difficult to believe that I was actually thinking about his weird proposal. But I was. He went back home to get dressed for work, and life carried on.

Diwali came and so did our office party, it was the best in-house office party the bosses held at their farm house. It was all about drinks, dancing and playing cards. Not up my alley but I enjoyed it with my office group. I decided to dress in a black net saree with a backless brocade blouse and my signature MAC Ruby Woo lipper. Sid was picking me up to go to the party. I was excited as Diwali always meant new beginnings. My door bell rang and I went to open the door.

A short one. Updating another one soon. PS do vote.