43. I Know you

Sorry people I had the most terrible writers block ever. Here's hoping it doesn't last too long!

Sid's POV

I saw someone I did not think should have been here. I saw my maa's confidant, the ever present driver, manager right outside Bug Chill. Not his kind of area  until maa was in Delhi. I quickly called my house help, "bhaiya, maa is there?" "No bhaiya jee. Is all okay?" I covered up, "Reet is going to stay at our house for some days. Please make some good food. Ohh and don't make mutton, fish or pumpkin subji." I knew the things made her feel sick.

I looked around but couldn't see him. But my consciousness made me a bit paranoid. I called my mother, hoping she would understand. "Namaste maa," my terse tone could give away how difficult this call was for me. "Beta, where are you? Are you okay? No calls?" "Maa I'm with Reet. I want to marry her as soon as you meet her. She is everything for me."

"Beta enjoy your time with her. But marry Shruti for your families. Your father wanted you to." Her tone shocked me. "Maa how many times will this discussion happen. I'm not marrying Shruti. And I will marry Reet by this month end. If you can meet her good."

"Who are we kidding beta? I will make sure you don't have one penny and eventually you will realise that woman cannot give you the life you deserve. She might be the best but you are committed. I cannot break a vow for her. Please understand. The pregnancy is not yours, you're naive." She sounded pleading. Had I not seen her manipulative side I might have agreed.

"Maa one last thing, call your fucking manager back or else the police might catch him soon." Her silence spoke a lot more than her words did. Why did she want to mess up her own son?

I was walking back when I saw Reet laughing on the phone. It could be ishani, Neil or was it Ranbir? What was her deal with him? The seeds of doubt were sowed with that one call to maa. I had to get to the bottom of this before it was too late.