17. Office revelation

REET'S POV
The weekend passed quickly after all I did was replay the kiss mentally and cry. On Monday I dressed for work in a black kurta and denims. I decided to wear my hair open and finished with my red lipstick.  Diwali was approaching which meant more work and I wanted to plunge right in.

When I reached office I looked at Sid's seat, I decided that I will let him come and talk to me. Ishani approached my desk with her coffee, "Reet where have you been? That Ranbir thing must be scary? You dating him." "Hold on Ish. I'm only friends with him, rather, I was. I was hiding at home."

She hugged me and replied back, "you weren't I came to check but you were not home. I was worried." She looked disappointed. I quickly got up, hugged her. "Ish I'm sorry. Let me talk to you post office?"

"Great! Stay at mine tonight." I smiled and nodded. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Sid enter. I felt myself melt as our eyes meet. Sid gave me a curt nod and sat down at his desk.

At lunch time, Sid was standing with a group of people from marketing and joking particularly with Niharika. I went to get coffee and stepped in the balcony. I did not feel like eating, much like the past two days, all I had was dinner. I was standing there when someone grabbed my arm and turned me to face them. "Sid?" I yelled. "What's your problem Reet?" "You Sid, you. One moment you come near like you care, next you walk out. What do you want?" I hissed. "Reet I like you a lot, but I have commitments I will upkeep. If you can understand that. Also all I wanted to tell you was to eat. You look so thin and weak."

I turned around sharply to ignore him but I spinned too much and my feet stuck, the next thing I knew I crashed back into his strong arms and chest smelling his strong fragrance.

My heartbeat quickened, I clutched his shirt tighter, "Sid" I felt his arm supporting my back his hand caressing the small of my back as I unconsciously arched. I tried to clear my thoughts as the fog of lust lifted. I slowly stood straight and kept on looking down at my feet. Couldn't I disappear? Is this appropriate office behavior? What of someone saw us?

This attraction which Sid had told me was mutual was going to cost me a lot.

A quick one to keep the pace going. Sometimes love can be a complicated thing