41. The surprise

Reet's POV

I was feeling better, Sid's coming had cured my blues but then that short stint to the hospital scared me. What if something happened to my child. I vowed to eat better, think happier and eat a bit more. The doctors stern warning about my weight frightened me.

And it was honestly a bit difficult to say no to room service and huge buffet breakfast. I had devoured my eggs, pancakes and idlis when Sid came to the table. He kept a small bakery box presuming the were chocolates I tore it. Inside were two vanilla topped cupcakes one with blue and one with pink lettering twin. Twin? What did twin mean? I picked one gingerly thinking if it was a brand name and honestly I didn't care. They looked mouthwatering deliciousm I took a bite and the rich buttercream, cake and strawberry flavour filled my mouth. I closed my eyes to saviour the rich flavour, "congrats. So I presume you already knew?"

Sid kept down his plate which had eggs, paranta and pickle. Uggh! "Know what Sid?" "Did you read my message?" Message? His cryptic message was twin? "Twin?" I looked at him when his reaction shocked me. He was pointing at my tummy! "We-are-having-twins" he said slowly. "Twins? I'm having two? You mean together two children?" This was a shock. I was thankful but I could barely afford one child two? How would I care for them? How would Sid see this development.

I looked up fearing his mother, Shruti or some other reason which might make him run back. "Sid I did not get pregnant with choice. I decided to keep it by my own choice and now that there are two it scares me. But it also strengthens me..you still have the choice to leave. I wouldn't ask any questions." As much as it broke my heart I couldn't take him away from his family. He held my hand and dropped next to my chair. "Reet I'm NOT going anywhere. Can we both stop this question always. I'm here with you forever. I'm not going anywhere without you. We leave for Delhi tomorrow."

His answer made immensely happy my stomach jumped up a bit. Was this fluttering or had my babies kicked. Overwhelmed, I cried. "Sid the babies moved." Indian families work weird ways we love our children but we do not want them to move away. I could understand completely if one fine day Sid walked out but I did not want that for my children ever.

After some Mumbai sightseeing we came back exhausted to our room. Only to drop on the bed and sleep. As much as I liked Mumbai I was glad to be going back tomorrow. My heart belonged to Delhi. Plus at some point we needed to talk marriage, if Sid was sticking. We needed to mend the relation with his mother before I delivered. I should tell him about her call too. But that could actually spoil every reconciliation step.

Do you think Reet and Sid would stick to each other?