16. Guilty reactions

One more update. I want you all to fall in love with Reet and Sid.

Sid's POV

"Reet, ohh my Reet!" Her kisses were amaze balls I would have made love to her, had I not remembered her vulnerable position right now all thanks to that fucker. I also thankfully remembered the engagement I am now stuck in. I went straight to the other bedroom and into the shower. The attraction was mutual, but our situation was not.

I couldn't mess up Reet's life when I knew my mother would never let me leave Shruti. I went under the shower and tried to relive the kisses. While my brain understood the consequences my body clearly did not. It was Saturday, the weekend at home with Reet would surely lead to sex. I decided to go to Punjab to deliver that damn Jaguar.

I went to my room in a towel, only to find Reet she was not there. I quickly dressed up, called Ram jee to give me breakfast as I checked her room. She had left, mortified at the embarrassment. I called her again and again.

Ram jee came with the breakfast and a bad mood. "What happened to you?" I asked drily, as I saw the elaborate meal he had brought. "Ram jee I'm not having dinner," I looked angrily at chicken, dal and subji. "Last night Reet learned all this and when she came to call you, you were asleep. She was so excited and she did not even eat a morsel!" So he was team Reet now.

I felt guilty. But I got up grabbed my overnighter, keys and replied back, "I'm going to Punjab. Be back by Monday. Reet has left."

As I drove the Jaguar towards the wide highways I couldn't help but miss Reet. That was the best kiss of my life. I decided to call Shruti. Shruti seemed to be my guilt reaction, I couldn't still look ahead at our future but I knew she deserved an unbiased chance.