13. goodbyes

Sorry for the late update. Well try to update this rollercoaster daily :)

Reet's POV
This was as embarrassing my day could ever be. I came out of the washroom post the shower and a huge lecture to myself that men did not matter and I did not want to repeat my past.

But when Sid kept his finger on my lips I wanted to lick it. Honestly it was the vaguest and random thought ever.

There went all my pep shower talk down the drain and I was a minute away from doing something foolish when Sid left the room. I quickly picked my red Minnie mouse tee and black track pants and decided to take the tray for food and tea to the drawing room. It was neutral territory. Sid was right outside my room. "Sid" "Reet I'm sorry but I knocked." "Its okay Sid. Let's forget it and finish these pakoras before they get cold".

Over the next hour we talked about a lot of things like people at work, when I finally asked. "Sid how did you get engaged?" "Some family obligations Reet, my dad finalised it before he died." He seems unperturbed. "But your dad died when you were really young" I still did not understand how it worked. Fixing a marriage for a dead man. "He decided to screw my happiness before he left." Sid sounded hurt and I decided to skip the topic. We were sipping the ugly tea when he asked me something, "Reet why do you wear black to work always?"

I am surprised he noticed. "Black looks powerful," I replied softly but I knew I was not really answering his question. "Not really Reet. It looks boring which you are not." He replied fiddling with his phone. "It makes me feel powerful and in control." I replied. "Why would you need control Reet?" "Too many questions Sid. My turn, what does your fiancée do? Work?"

He looked up from his phone sheepishly, "I don't know" I looked at him questioningly.

My phone rang and I was not sure how to react so I threw the phone towards Sid. It was Ranbir. "Pick it up Reet." He handed me the phone and went out of the room. I knew I had to cut out this friendship with Ranbir before it ate my life up.

"Hello," I said in a very bold voice. "Reet you okay? I'm handling things here back in Mumbai," he spoke quickly. A bit too quickly. "I'm fine Ranbir except I'm crashing at a friends place, I can't go to work and my parents don't want to talk to me" I acted nonchalant but I wanted to know why was he with his ex, life had taught me better so before he could explain, "Ranbir I doubt we can work this friendship thing. I'll call you later." I kept the phone down and went to the kitchen to tell Sid I was leaving.

Sorry for a short one. But would you all like a chapter from Ranbir's POV?