35. Plan un-plan

Yes! Two updates daily in a row! I promised you and it is surely happening. This chapter is a small one but will have a huge impact! PS do vote 😊

Reet's POV
The plan was simple. I had hit a send while munching on a banana, healthy for the baby food. I left work, went home, picked my savings, hid in Ranbir's Goa villa till I figured out my visa and I was away. I promised not to think of my feelings or relationships with anyone, bad for the baby. It did not need the trauma. Plus the baby needed calm gentle environment.

I was on the airport when I decided to call Ishani, I had dumped her worse than Sid had dumped me. Because friendships were what made us stronger. My running away proved me as a shallow friend. But between the baby and Ishani's wedding my baby was a priority.

Sure I would have loved to be there for her but seeing Sid with Shruti and my protruding tummy would make it pretty obvious. I would come back here to settle my house, the accounts but right now Delhi scared me.

And I called Ishani, 'heya,"she said softly preoccupied maybe, I took a deep breath and rambled on "Ishani I'm going home for a few days please cover for me".

"Reet I have been worried. Just where are you? What's wrong? Are you alright? I have meant to call you."
I quickly offered her the basic information, enough to keep her off my back and think I was cared for, "Ish, I'm going to Banglore to my parents for a week. I need time to sort myself mentally and make the decision," the decision I had always made.

But she asked me that one question I could never have an answer for, "Before you keep the phone down please tell me does Sid know?" Her question reeled me, I dug my nails into my hand and acted brave, the kinds I would have to act all my life, "Ishani I can't tell him. Plus I was stupid. He never committed to me." 

As the last calls for boarding were made, i rushed and said my byes before keeping the phone down. Bangalore always has picture perfect weather, a bit cold, a bit warm but today it was chilly. And my cotton shawl was not helping. Plus my bust ached. I had picked up the customary baby books, what to know when you are expecting, some baby names, and some music CD for the baby. I had hidden them in my handbag. My parents were not at home, the baba was apparently more important that their daughter returning after months.

I had a tea and fell asleep on the sofa. At some point my parents must have come home and I woke up cocooned in a thick soft blanket. "Maa," I called out in the darkness rubbing my belly.

"We are in the dining room. Come  over." The next few hours were happy ones till I mentioned my savings, "you  don't trust us? We trusted you despite that movie star." My mother argued. Never looking in my eyes. "Maa I gave them for saving and I need them right now. What's the harm? I'm not asking for your money. Its only my savings which dad invested." I talked rationally. When suddenly my father got up and told me, "we gave them away to baba Ji."

My baby needed them. Who were these people? How could they cheat on me? My parents? I laughed cruelly. Inside I was crying. Shit I  needed another plan. Possibly their savings but saying what? Tadaa you will be grandparents to an illicit baby the society thinks it to be a film star's and his daddy will be married before this child is born. Ohh god no!

What will Reet do? Should she just tell her parents?